8 places sorted by traveller favourites
- Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
What travellers are saying
- We booked the Southern Comfort for a private hire for our joint 70th & 65th birthdays with 60 guests, from the initial visit to the evening of the party the staff couldn’t have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble.
We arranged with a local butcher for a hog roast, and booked a DJ for the upper deck.
Our party was all ages from 8 to 80 but everyone had fun and felt welcome on board.
The staff were amazing and made us all feel welcome from the captain to the lovely bar staff.
Would definitely recommend for a party venue with a difference.Written 29 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- After an impulse purchase of a SUP and quickly realising it wasn't as easy as it looked I booked myself and my son in for a lesson with Katie and she had us up and running in no time. Katie was lovely and had a great way with my son and quickly had me standing up and staying upright on the board.Written 26 September 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We were staying in Horning in a cottage for a week. We wanted a local firm to hire a day boat from so we could walk from the cottage to collect it, and we found JB Boats online. We hired their Lady Amanda boat for three days. We received a very warm welcome, both when we booked by phone and when we arrived to collect the boat. They could not have been more helpful. The boat was spotless, and perfect for our needs. We received good tuition and dos and don’ts before we set off and had a comprehensive pack in the boat with emergency numbers to call if we had any issues, which we didn’t. We thoroughly enjoyed our time on the Broads. The team were ready and waiting for us when we arrived back so no stress in mooring the boat back in place. I would highly recommend. Fantastic service. Thank you so much.Written 18 October 2023This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Outstanding service and so helpful. Boat was in pristine condition. Thank you for a great experience !!Written 16 October 2023
- We hired a boat for the day from here, the bit was lovely, very easy to drive and control. The gentleman who met us was extremely pleasant and friendly and explained everything fully. Really enjoyed our day on the broads and Ferry Marina met all our expectations which they have in the past and fully expect we will be back sometime in the future to hire a boat from then.Written 28 August 2022
- We booked Far Horizon as a last minute decision for October half term with our twin 12 year old daughters and our dog.
The boat looked fantastic on the website but we were a little uncertain about the second bedroom as it is underneath the cockpit. However it was actually fine for our girls who are well over five feet tall. It was actually quite cosy.
The main bedroom was a very decent size. With pleasant low level LED lighting. All the beds were very comfortable
Everyone at the boatyard was friendly, helpful and welcoming. Emma greeted us and our boat was ready immediately. It was very clean and the beds made up. (Not all boatyards do this).
Pat (we think that was his name, my husband is useless with names) introduced us to the boat and all it’s features. He made sure we were happy with the controls before setting us loose.
Far Horizon is a really great boat, although you have to avoid all the bridges, there is still plenty of cruising to be done and the views from the fly bridge make it absolutely worth it. It was really easy to handle.
Another great feature is the back deck. It’s a good size, well lit and seating both sides. Perfect for fishing and would be a great place to enjoy on a summer’s evening.
Top tip for fellow travellers: The only downside of the whole trip was the condensation. This is unavoidable in the cold and rainy weather but we did quickly learn to keep the boat very well ventilated. Just one to expect if you make a booking at the start or end of the season. (We wished we’d taken our karcher window vacuum with us - we did spot another boater using one!)
Overall a great experience all round and we would happily book with Horning Pleasurecraft again.Written 27 October 2023
- We were having lunch at the Ferry inn and thought the ferry might be worth a look.
It was! We had a natter with the skipper and ended up doing a round trip to Horning village and back. It was really interesting and, we thought, good value.
We will research one of his other trips for our next visit!Written 27 August 2022
- A very warm welcome, great food all the staff were really friendly and free mooring. We will return.Written 16 September 2022
Frequently Asked Questions about Horning
- These are the best places for kid-friendly tours in Horning:See more tours for children in Horning on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for groups seeking tours in Horning:See more tours for groups in Horning on Tripadvisor
- These are the best places for budget-friendly tours in Horning:See more budget-friendly tours in Horning on Tripadvisor