Popular things to do
Top Attractions in Burano
*Likely to sell out: Based on Viator’s booking data and information from the provider from the past 30 days, it seems likely this experience will sell out through Viator, a Tripadvisor company.
What travellers are saying
- Burano is just an amazing place to visit, with all the different coloured houses.
But if I had a complaint, it would be that all the shops and stalls seem to sell the same things, with nothing standing out as being different.
But lovely to walk around, and chill!Written 25 October 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Burano was so beautiful. Definitely worth a visit if staying in Venice. Lots of colourful houses. Some nice places to eat & drink.Written 13 May 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- This is an important, small and clearly underappreciated museum. It has just a few rooms. Many of the artifacts displayed are truly breathtaking masterpieces. You should take time to admire and understand them. Also displayed are paintings by a group of artists who settled in Burano. Each artist had a totally different personality. A beautiful album of these paintings is available at the museum shop. However, I was very disappointed that the museum shop did not accept credit cards. The museum sells tickets and credit cards are accepted, but they are not accepted at the museum shop. It does not make any sense to me.Written 27 November 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- We thought we were imagining things! We didn't realize Burano had a leaning tower, and thought our eyes were playing tricks on us. Not as obvious as Pisa, but still interesting to see!Written 8 July 2022
- Beautiful town square, lots of history, and well worth the boat ride from Venice. Every part of the island is beautiful.Written 5 October 2022
- The island is covered with colorful houses but this one stands out because it is multicolored making it unique.Written 1 October 2019
- The main square of the town where the church is located, the statue of Baldassare Galuppi and the lace museum.Written 18 June 2020
- This establishment is full of original artworks for sale. It is interesting to see unique pieces instead of the commercial products for sale in so many other shops. If you are in Burano you should have a look at this place.Written 13 May 2019
- Work of art of Remigio Barbaro (also the author of musician Baldassare Galuppi`s statue located in the piazza with the same name in Burano), the sculpture - bearing the suggestive name of "Waiting for Peace" - is located near the ACTV ferry stop.Written 24 October 2020
- We had heard about this and told to take a visit by some fellow travellers we met, but we arrived on a Saturday and it was closed and there was no information on how we could gain entry. We tried asking some locals, but because of language differences we ended up non-the-wiser. From what we could gather it is a local library, with some interesting and quirky qualities, so if you do get in, maybe you can let everyone know what it is about.Written 10 April 2018
- We thought we gonna just look, how wrong was we, the store is absolutely beautiful, lovely lady gave us a tour and it was breathtaking. I had to have something from Martina and I ended up with a stunning long skirt, which caught my eye when I was browsing, also a lovely guest towel, it took some time to choose, because there was so many and they all beautiful. I’m very happy with my purchases. Thank you.Written 19 October 2022
- I stumbled across this shop on a trip to Burano with my Mum and it was such a great find. Mum got some scarves and I bought the funkiest sunglasses and a necklace/earring set which was even altered to the length I was after. The owner is so friendly (speaks brilliant English and French I heard) and so accommodating. Genuinely was a pleasure. If only the sun was lasting longer in the UK for me to wear my sunglasses!! Many thanks again.Written 5 October 2020
Frequently Asked Questions about Burano
- The best day trips from Burano according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Murano Glass Experience plus Visit to a Burano lace island
- The Islands of the Venice Lagoon: Murano, Burano and Torcello
- Tour Murano and Burano, afternoon!
- Murano, Burano & Torcello Islands Full-Day Tour
- Full-Day Lagoon Tour Murano Burano and Torcello
- The most popular things to do in Burano with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Isola di Burano - World Heritage Site
- Tre Ponti
- Il Campanile Storto
- Discover Burano - Tours by local guide Silvia Zanella