The team was excellent -- a highlight of our trip. Had a wonderful day, even if it did torrential rain on us a few times. Titus was terrific and gave a great tour with a lot of details about the island.
This is THE ONLY WAY TO DO THIS TRIP. With your family at your own pace. Enjoy as little or as much of each stop as you like. Really special and wonderful.
The costs were a bit off on the extras -- so bring enough cash (All US$):
- $3/pp to dock at Soufriere
- $40 taxi to Mud baths
- $9-$10/pp Admission fee for Mud baths
- $5-$6/pp Waterfalls
- Tips for driver, Tips for Cliff Jumpers
- $15-$20/pp Lunch (which we ate on the boat -- it was fine, not great)
A few additional notes:
- Take your time at mud bath -- if there's a big crowd, wait they will likely clear out. The baths are nice when its quiet and feel free to enjoy and relax, don't feel like you only can do the bath once -- go ahead and reapply the mud. Also there are 4 BATHS, coldest at the bottom, and hottest at the top. We liked the top best (still only 100 degrees).
- The waterfall isn't just to look at, but to go in/under and IT'S A HOT WATERFALL. Very cool and not like anything I've ever experienced elsewhere. There are also 2-3 baths there -- so take your towels with you.
- Bring snacks, the tour includes plently of drinks (my wife loved the rum punch), but no snacks -- and in 6-7 hours especially with kids, you'll get hungry.
- The snorkeling was great and their equipment is first-class. You get two places to snorkel or you can walk the beach. We ended up with the rain getting dessert at the second stop (some banana splits and cheesecake - $15US/each, so be prepared -- but well worth it)