Top Attractions in Dotombori
What travellers are saying
- This area is located along the canal and only 5 mins walk from Namba station. It is literally an explosion of colour, neon lights, street food, clubs, stores and bars. There are so many of the flashy billboards above the restaurants with the crabs, octopus, dumplings etc. You have to try the Takoyaki - grilled octopus balls. The glico Running Man is a popular icon and can be seen from the Ebisu bridge. You can take a river cruise which goes under the 9 bridges. There is a free ferris wheel which we came across by accident as the entrance of it is from inside the Don Quijote store. It gives a great view of the district. There were many people but as we visitied at the beginning of Covid in March 2020, there were not as many tourists. This is unique and unlike anything you will experience anywhere else.Written 16 April 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- A must. The icon of Osaka. travelers and locals alike crowding to take pisctures with this iconic characterWritten 13 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Dotonbori is a never-ending lifetime place, provide you 24 Hours attraction (food, night club, market, etc). Many don Quijote located in this area for 24 hours.
But unfortunately, caused by 24 Hours activities made this area became dirty of trash.
For Muslims visitors, there is one place nearby for mushola/prayer room at Daimaru building (use Gmap to find). And also, be careful for Muslim visitors when you use Gmap to find Halal restaurant, several restaurants inform by Gmaps are not halal restaurants. Please only eat at restaurant has halal logo.Written 26 January 2020This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- My family and I enjoyed the musical so much, we kept singing the theme song "gotta gotta!" all the way back to our home country!
Kudos to the five actors and also to their kind manager who went out of his way to walk us to the don quijote shop for our cruise. Your hospitality is greatly appreciated, sir! We'll come back with more friends!Written 28 January 2020
- When we visited Dotonbori, we walked on this landmark bridge which is normally crowded, especially at night. Good spot to take photos of the running man sign from this bridge. If you visit this area, you are unlikely to miss this bridge. However, it is just a short bridge.Written 1 January 2020
- Check this place out to enjoy craft beer and snacks for a momentary chill out from all the walking in Shinsaibashi and Dotonburi.
Lovely place to hangout.Written 16 December 2018
- This is a famous takoyaki shop in Dotombori area. There is always a queue here.
The takoyaki is delicious and the sauce is good too.Written 16 June 2019
- This is a cute and quiet street as compared to Dotombori. Not packed with tourist as it off the beaten track.
The street is very quaint and great for photos at night.Written 16 June 2019
- We enjoyed our experience here. The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. We watched a 13 minute video presentation about the history of theatre in Dotonbori while enjoying complimentary tea and sweets. We then watched a performance including magic and tricks. It was interactive (audience involvement) and lots of fun. We then tried out the revolving stage and had plenty of photo opportunities. Our children (aged 9 and 7) enjoyed it very much. Highly recommended for families seeking a quiet rest from the shops and restaurants.Written 19 January 2020
- This is a great place to take photo of the Ebisu bridge, busy Dotonbori and Glico man. The view is good and not crowded here.Written 15 June 2019
Frequently Asked Questions about Dotombori
- The best day trips from Dotombori according to Tripadvisor travellers are:
- Osaka Full-Day Private Tour with Government-Licensed Guide
- Osaka Kickstart Tour: Day & Night Hotspots & Hidden Gems Tours(Private or Group)
- Food Cultural Experience to Local Night Out Spots
- Muslim-Friendly Private Tour of Osaka
- Osaka Private Tour by Public Transportation from Kyoto