Ancient Ruins • Historic Walking Areas
- Traveller favouritesThings to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Traveller rankingHighest rated attractions on Tripadvisor, based on traveller reviews.
4 places sorted by traveller favourites
What travellers are saying
- Large, well-maintained barn. Lots of information about the barn, restoration & the area and volunteers are friendly, helpful & knowledgeable. Not a huge amount to see but certainly worth a visit.Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- Great for walks, very peaceful and covers a large area including fields, riverside & woodland. Plenty of paths very well maintained as well as plenty of benches. Can get a good view of Heathrow from some areas also.
But note, no facilities other than the car park! you would need to go into the village.Written 29 September 2022This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
- An absolute gem of aviation history. Our visit was hosted by Jim and Keith, two industry veterans with a gold mine of interesting information, who gave an outstanding insight into almost 100 years of airline history and events. An excellent visit. Thank youWritten 12 May 2022
- The Sir Barnes Wallis memorial is located in Moor Lane, Harmondsworth where he conducted research in his invention of the bouncing bomb in World War Two. His invention was successful to drop round bombs from low flying aircraft on dam lakes to "bounce" across the water and to destroy the dam walls. This was famously made into the classic 1955 film called the dam busters.Written 14 September 2017
Frequently Asked Questions about Harmondsworth
- The top attractions to visit in Harmondsworth are: See all attractions in Harmondsworth on Tripadvisor