What people are saying
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
Top ways to experience Beitou Hot Spring and nearby attractions
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Full-Day Private Northern Taiwan Tour from Taipei with Pickup95Recommended98% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus ToursfromHK$804.59per adult (price varies by group size)
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Highlights & Hidden Gems With Locals: Best of Taipei Private Tour23Recommended95% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.City ToursfromHK$656.83per adult (price varies by group size)
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Full-Day Private Custom Taipei City Tour80Recommended98% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus ToursfromHK$804.59per adult (price varies by group size)
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*The 10 Tastings of Taipei With Locals: Private Street Food Tour76Recommended96% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.City ToursfromHK$475.64per adult (price varies by group size)
Neighbourhood: Neihu District
1,275 within 5 kms
406 within 10 kms
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Beitou is a thermal area and hot springs abound. It's a popular resort area. During the Japanese colonial era (1895-1945) Beitou was famous throughout the Japanese empire as a spa resort. . These days, there are many onsen -- Japanese-style hot springs -- in Beitou. If you go to an onsen, you will be expected to remove all your clothing before you enter the thermal springs, There are many guest houses and hotels, in various price ranges.
Written 5 June 2022
Jan 2022 • Family
My family and I enjoyed Beitou public hot spring. It is very cheap to get in and they allow children as young as one in. I am currently pregnant, so they did not advise me to go in. I was able to go with my family, but did not get the full experience. The place hosts 5 different pools with different temperatures. You can buy a suit, swim cap and towels there if someone forgets their swim stuff. It is relaxing and I think better without small children. If you’re up for it you can kill two birds with one stone and walk through the thermal park. It’s pretty amazing.
Written 18 February 2022
Beitou is well known for its hot springs. You can have an enjoyable day out, either in public or private springs. Some springs allow visitors to wear swim suits, some don't . Japanese-style spas, known as onsen, don't usually allow the wearing of swimsuits. Some people say, however, that the onsen are more in keeping with traditional Beitou experince.Beitou dates from the Japanese colonial era. (1895-1945)
Written 31 January 2022
Beitou became a notorious hot-springs resort during the Japanese occupation of Taiwan (1895-1945). Many Japanese-style onsen (hot water baths) remain. There are public and private baths; prices vary. In the Pacific War era, Japanese soldiers would come here to relax before going into battle, including kamikazi pilots. Beitou is an area with prolific natural volcanic activity.
Written 7 September 2021
Beitou has many hot springs, the most famous are the famous Japanese-style onsen resorts. They derive from the Japanese colonial era (1895-1945), when onsens were common in Beitou. Beitou was notorious throughout the Japanese Empire for its spa resorts. It is not common to wear bathing suits in onsens.
Written 18 May 2021
There are a variety of hot springs in Beitou. Some are public, which are inexpensive and some are private, which charge a fee. Some allow bathing suits. The Japanese style onsen do not normally allow bathing suits. Many of the onsen-style hot springs date from the Japanese colonial era (1895-1945) when Beitou was a notorious hot-springs resort.
Written 12 December 2020
Many hotels around Beitou have hot springs for those who don't mind paying for private baths. However, it is quite cheap to pay to use the public hot spring baths too if you don't mind sharing the space. You need to have the right bathing suits.
Written 25 October 2020
There are hotels available if you are interested and some of them have private hot spring too. Else can consider paying a small entrance free for those public hot spring area. There are a few free hotspring in you can soak your legs too.
Written 8 March 2020
If you have time to splurge on a private experience, go for it. But if not, the public hot spring only costs 40NT, but you need to have the right kind of swim wear. Beach shorts that are common in the US as swim trunks are not allowed. They only allow tight swim wear. If you don't have one, you can buy one there. Given it is very cheap to have a natural hot spring experience, the shower and other facilities are very basic. If you are looking for a more luxurious experience, you will need to pay for one of the private hotels or hotspring resorts.
Written 25 February 2020
Nice way to get way from "city" life and go into nature to relax. Getting here is quite easy and worth the trip.
Written 21 February 2020
Showing results 1-10 of 1,018
Can kids take a dip as well? How much is the ticket for kids?
Yes kids can go in the designated area for hopping in the hot springs pools! I think there is no cost! I hope this helps, enjoy.
how to find the hot spring that costs 40nt. What is the address...is there any map? Thanks :)
Beitou Outdoor Public Hot Springs 露天公共温泉 No. 6, Zhongshan Road, Beitou District, Taipei City, 112 02 2896 6939 The public out door hot springs are at the far end of the park away from Xinbeitou station. Also labeled Millennium Hotsprings. Visits are done in 2 hour sessions and the line grows until the previous groups’ time is up. Then everybody leaves en masses and it’s the next groups’ turn. These are outdoor & public so bathing suits are required, along with 40ntd.
Private room for hotsprings in Beitou, is it a hotel room? Or just a room with hotsprings water in a bath? Any specific places/names recommended? How much is it? Per person/per hour? I am looking for just a private room (not hotel room with bed and all furnitures) around Beitou and good price if possible (not public) Thank you all
Beitou Hot Spring - All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go
Frequently Asked Questions about Beitou Hot Spring
- Beitou Hot Spring is open:
- Tue - Sun 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- We recommend booking Beitou Hot Spring tours ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel up to 24 hours before your tour starts for a full refund. See all 5 Beitou Hot Spring tours on Tripadvisor
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Beitou Hot Spring:
- Relaxing Hot Spring Half Day Tour in Beitou with Private Tour Guide (From HK$2,656.08)
- Taipei Day Tour including Taipei 101, Din Tai Fung and Hot Spring Experience (From HK$1,798.08)
- 3-Hour Vegetarian Private Walking Tour - Visit Witches Home - Beitou (From HK$601.42)
- Yangmingshan National Park & Hot Spring Tour (afternoon ) (From HK$400.97)
- One-day Yangmingshan NP Beitou Hot Spring Park and Tamsui Tour Package (From HK$2,345.33)