View all photos (17)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Spending a whole day travelling on horseback is truly Icelandic! At the beginning of the trip, you will be introduced to your two best friends for the day: your horses. While riding one of them, you will lead the other horse beside you and later on change. Our guides will explain to you how to do that comfortably. Riding Icelandic style with a “hand-horse” is certainly a unique and wonderful experience. During the ride, you will follow the Húseyjarkvísl stream and explore the glacial river delta Héraðsvötn, where you will see a wide variety of birds during the season. You will be enjoying the impressive panorama of the Skagafjörður mountains while tölting on nice and comfortable riding paths.
Returns to original departure point
- Coffee and/or Tea
- English speaking guide
- Plastic lunch boxes and saddle bags, to transport your food and drinks while riding.
- Rain Jackets/Trousers if required
- Riding Helmet
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- In case you bring your own riding clothes and boots, they must be disinfected before you arrive. It is prohibited by Icelandic law to bring used riding gear including saddles, bridles, etc. into the country, as well as used leather riding boots, other leather riding wear or riding gloves. Riding clothes, rubber riding boots and any other gear should be machine-washed (min. 40°) or dry-cleaned (chemically cleaned), and disinfected with VirkonS®.
- Please bring your own packed lunch for a picknick during the ride
- We reserve the right to alter any itinerary in the guests' best interest and for reasons of safety. This will not reduce the quality of our tours!
- Please meet us at our office 20 minutes before the agreed time of departure.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Hestasport - Riding Tours
Mette Sofie R00
It was a WONDERFUL experience! I chose the place because they were really fast and friendly to email me back, and t…
Great stay at the cottage. Beautiful and very clean. The Hot Pot was awesome!! Location is great and staff very fri…
Amazing Christmas Day horse riding tour!
My mother and I had a wonderful ~1 hour tour with Hestasport on Christmas Day. The girls who ran the tour were so f…
We had a fun time on our two hour ride. The staff were great, especially our guide. The horses were a little wild b…
200km on the back of trustful and strong islandic horses through the deserted planes north of Hofsjökull. An unforg…
such a good staff!! amazing breathtaking 7 days tour,loved every minute!!!!! 215 km on a horse of was the best 😍�…
Brilliant Trip Highlight
We are family of 5 with 2 intermediate riders and 3 inexperienced riders. We tried the take 5 ride for the 2 inter…
Great guide, horses perfectly chosen for experienced riders
We asked for forward going horses as we are experienced riders and really got them. Our guide Janin was great, we w…
I was SO excited for this tour and it did not disappoint!! They provided gloves which we forgot to bring—and thank …
Great people and horses
We called last minute to see if we could get in a horseBack ride during our drive north. They went out of their wa…
My 13 yr old nephew and I consider this our best experience in Iceland. We had a great guide that helped my beginne…
Riding Tour Love!
This was an amazing experience! It'd been a while since I'd been horseback riding and a long time since my friend …
Great trip for inexperienced riders
After a good explanation about both the horses and how to treat them, we went on a nice yet exciting ride along the…
An Awesome Introduction to Icelandic Horses
My family experienced a wonderful riding adventure as part of a package that we booked with a travel agency. Hestas…
It's your ride!
The format is flexible enough that you can ride as long as you choose, through the stream if you like, and feel com…
- Hestasport - Ævintýraferðir
- Duration: 24h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Off we go
What time does Off we go start?
Off we go will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Off we go on Tripadvisor
How much is Off we go?
Off we go price starts from US$163.71. Discover and book Off we go on Tripadvisor
What is the Off we go cancellation policy?
Off we go cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Off we go on Tripadvisor