Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (22)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 11st Alaska Outdoor SchoolStop: 4 hours -You'll be picked up from your Fairbanks hotel and driven to one of the best viewing lodges in the Fairbanks area. The lodge is carefully selected to ensure that guests can gaze upon the Northern Lights with ease. Outside of Fairbanks and away from the city lights, these wide-open areas ensure a perfect way to take in Alaska's winter sky. Share the evening with a knowledgeable guide and learn all about these dancing lights. Enjoy the sights from inside the lodge, or even step outside to snap some photographs of the brilliant sky . After an eventful night of Aurora viewing, guests are returned to their Fairbanks accommodation at 3am.Read morePass by Murphy Dome
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Please note the Aurora is a natural occurrence. We can NEVER guarantee that guests will see the aurora.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
It was a great time! People were friendly, guide was great! Got to see an eagle up close! Didn't catch anything, still had a lot of fun!
Date of experience: March 2020
Our tour guide was Joseph. He told great stories and was very entertaining. He was knowledgeable about the lights and Alaska. Joseph picked us up on time and drove the snow covered road like a pro. The best part of the evening was seeing the northern lights and meeting and…
Date of experience: January 2020
What a wonderful experience! The lights were spectacular and the accommodations more than adequate. I really enjoyed chatting with Michael, our guide. I learned a lot about natural resources management and conservation within the unique political, social and ecological context…
1 Helpful vote
Only can see from the sky, not from horizon,from far also have a light that shining towards the loge, else nothing much to comment.
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: 1st Alaska Tours
Fairbanks Huskie Kennels
Tony was our guide and went above and beyond. Since we were running early he took us to wood crafters store which I…
Dinner, Sledding, Puppies and Sled Dog Petting, and Spectacular Aurora!!!
The night was first rate from start to finish! Caleb picked us up, we got to meet puppies and the whole sled dog c…
Eva Lynne B00
Dave presented a great primer about photographing the aurora and helped us set our cameras to take pictures of it…
The magical snow-covered forest and Dave’s knowledge of Alaska.
There was amazing scenery on this tour, including a magical forest with trees heavily covered with snow. It was a …
These dogs love what they do!
This was an absolutely authentic experience, we had such a great time! We got to meet the puppies and dogs, every s…
Brooks was our driver/van tour guide, Mariam was the chef, and the Dog sledding ride company staffs ( I forgot the…
Different kind of experience
The trip was a one of the kind due to the van mechanical issues ( not the driver’s fault.). The van ride became qu…
City tour with terrific guide - couldn’t ask for better!!!
Caleb was a superb guide: super knowledgeable, entertaining and very interactive with the whole group. Learned fact…
I did a tour to the Museum at the University, the cultural center, the pipeline and to Santa’s home in the NorthPole
This was a very interesting and informative tour..Caleb Darlin was absolutely amazing ! We(traveled with 2 friends)…
Fantastic Tour! Ask for Dave!
We had a fantastic time on our northern lights tour. Dave picked us up from our hotel around 9 PM, in which he was …
Great evening exploring the variances of Alaska outdoors!!
The tour was a great combination of activities that we thoroughly enjoyed. We were picked up at our hotel in a tim…
Hour dogsledding in Fairbanks
Excellent outing! We got to meet some cute husky puppies, learned about these endurance athlete dogs, bred to run i…
Northern Lights & Cabin dinner
Host Mike was very helpful in alerting when the lights were active. Miriam cooked a wonderful dinner! The accommoda…
Had a great experience on our first dog sled ride! Got us all bundled up with extra layers, then took us to meet th…
We met and petted the dogs 🐕 and had a wonderful dog sled ride. Learned lots about the dogs, their breeding, thei…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Frequently Asked Questions about Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks
What time does Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks start?
Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks will start at 10:00 PM. Discover and book Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks on Tripadvisor
How much is Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks?
Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks price starts from US$120.00. Discover and book Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks on Tripadvisor
What is the Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks cancellation policy?
Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks?
Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks is hosted by 1st Alaska Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact 1st Alaska Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Northern Lights Lodge Viewing in Fairbanks on Tripadvisor