Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (18)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Combine two natural phenomena—plus a man-made marvel—on a tour that includes Northern Lights hunting and a visit to the Chena Hot Springs and Fairbanks Ice Museum. While waiting up to catch the Northern Lights can be difficult to do on your own, by starting the tour with other activities, it is a breeze to stay up until midnight for the Northern Lights portion of the tour.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Chena Hot Springs ResortStop: 8 hours - Admission includedOnly 60 miles from Fairbanks, this world renowned resort offers a day of rest and relaxation in the historical location discovered by natives and early miners. Enjoy the mineral hot springs in a beautiful natural setting and experience the dancing of the northern lights. The world’s largest year-round Ice Museum is your first stop at Chena Resort.Read more
- Enjoy a night of soaking in thermal pools and watching the Northern Lights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off lets you avoid driving Alaska’s roads at night
- A guide takes you to an ideal Northern Lights viewing location
- Get a drink (your own expense) at the ice museum’s hand-carved ice bar
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entry/Admission - Chena Hot Springs Resort
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 5-year-old and older.
- Please note the Aurora is a natural occurrence. We can NEVER guarantee that guests will see the aurora.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Chena rock lake pool only allows age 18 and older.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We had a blast with out guide Brooke. She was very kind, friendly, funny, and made sure we had a great time at the hot springs. She went ahead and took pictures of us whenever we needed to, did her best so we had good spots at the ice museum, gave us tips to have a wonderful…
Wasn't sure we were up for the challenge but now we have bragging rights. Brooke our guide made this the memory of a lifetime for us! Ms Aurora was a little shy but we could not be more pleased with our experience. Amazing.
Had a Great Experience on 1st Alaska Tours with our Guide Joseph, he took care of us throughout the whole trip and kept us informed on all the activities going on so we wouldn't miss anything. The ice museum was nice and recommend getting the apple martini in the ice glass. The…
Date of experience: December 2019
The tour is 12-hours long and Caleb worked hard for us during every second of it. He was knowledgeable, flexible, and fun. He made a terrific trip even more memorable. Kudos to the company for letting guides like him use their instincts to find the best places to view the…
Date of experience: September 2019
Hats off to our guide and driver Caleb and the entire tour management. We had a lovely troop of co-passengers. We got picked up by 5 pm from our Airbnb and headed out to Chena Hot springs resort. Enjoyed the ice museum (7 pm tour ) and spent an hour in the hot springs until 9 pm…
Date of experience: September 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: 1st Alaska Tours
Fairbanks Huskie Kennels
Tony was our guide and went above and beyond. Since we were running early he took us to wood crafters store which I…
It was a great time! People were friendly, guide was great! Got to see an eagle up close! Didn't catch anything, st…
The Northern Lights
Our tour guide was Joseph. He told great stories and was very entertaining. He was knowledgeable about the lights a…
Dinner, Sledding, Puppies and Sled Dog Petting, and Spectacular Aurora!!!
The night was first rate from start to finish! Caleb picked us up, we got to meet puppies and the whole sled dog c…
Beautiful lights, great conversation
What a wonderful experience! The lights were spectacular and the accommodations more than adequate. I really enjoye…
Only can see from the sky, not from horizon,from far also have a light that shining towards the loge, else nothing …
Eva Lynne B00
Dave presented a great primer about photographing the aurora and helped us set our cameras to take pictures of it…
The magical snow-covered forest and Dave’s knowledge of Alaska.
There was amazing scenery on this tour, including a magical forest with trees heavily covered with snow. It was a …
These dogs love what they do!
This was an absolutely authentic experience, we had such a great time! We got to meet the puppies and dogs, every s…
Brooks was our driver/van tour guide, Mariam was the chef, and the Dog sledding ride company staffs ( I forgot the…
Different kind of experience
The trip was a one of the kind due to the van mechanical issues ( not the driver’s fault.). The van ride became qu…
We did this tour and was not disappointed! Thank you, Caleb and Christina for giving us a wonderful experience we w…
City tour with terrific guide - couldn’t ask for better!!!
Caleb was a superb guide: super knowledgeable, entertaining and very interactive with the whole group. Learned fact…
I did a tour to the Museum at the University, the cultural center, the pipeline and to Santa’s home in the NorthPole
This was a very interesting and informative tour..Caleb Darlin was absolutely amazing ! We(traveled with 2 friends)…
Fantastic Tour! Ask for Dave!
We had a fantastic time on our northern lights tour. Dave picked us up from our hotel around 9 PM, in which he was …
- Duration: 11h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 1,395 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 193 travellers!