Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Visit one of the most beautiful stretches of the California coastline, from San Francisco to Los Angeles, on this road trip tour along the coastal highway. Visit charming NorCal cities such as Santa Cruz and Monterey, travel through the oft-photographed Big Sur coast, visit the Danish-American settlement of Solvang, and spend time in chic Santa Barbara, finishing your tour up in LA.
- One-way transfer tour, perfect for those who want to visit both SF and LA
- Two nights' accommodation with breakfast are included in the price of the tour
- Flexible pricing, with two levels of accommodation available
- A professional guide escorts you along the California Coast
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup in San Francisco
- One-way transport from San Francisco to Santa Barbara by 12-passenger van
- 2 nights of accommodation
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Return transport to San Francisco
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Weather can be colder along the coast. Please dress warmly or in layers
- No children under 12 years old permitted
- Pricing is per person based on occupancy
- Luggage is restricted to 50 lbs (22.7 kg)
- Tour is available in English, French and Spanish. Please advise at time of booking if you would like a specific language.
- This is a ONE-WAY trip and does not include return transport to San Francisco. You may return with the tour company for a USD $60 fee, payable directly to the tour operator. It is a direct 6-hour drive by van
- Please note: Hotel accommodation subject to change
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- Travelers must be able to walk 4 blocks
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
If you are looking for a small, friendly and flexible tour down the coast then this is definitely the tour to take. Adam was a terrific guide and nothing appeared to be too much trouble with every detail thought out in advance. I did this tour solo and stayed in the basic…
2 Helpful votes
We wanted to see a little bit of the Californian coastline after a few days spent in San Francisco but didn't have a lot of time to do it. Most tours run for 6 days or so but Explore California really fitted the bill, allowing us to visit truly beautiful towns such as Santa…
I took the 3-day California tour with Adam. The trip was wonderful and very well coordinated. Adam was very knowledgeable of the area and answered all of the questions I had. Also, he followed a schedule that allowed us to see different, cute towns, the Monterrey aquarium, and…
Date of experience: October 2019
along the way san francisco to Los Angeles, many nice place got nice view. have beach with good scinere, and have europe town
Date of experience: November 2018
We recently took the trip down the coast with Kelly . this 2+ day trip from San Francisco to Santa Barbra is excellent for those who do not wish to drive,this way you are free to enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way. This is not a cheap trip but you are basically getting…
Date of experience: September 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Explore California
3 Day tour to Muir Woods, Napa Valley,and Sonoma County from San Francisco
This was a trip that suited us well. We had a small group of four and Kelly tailored the trip to suit our individua…
Carol & Teresa Californian Dream
Thank you for our wonderful trip . It was all & more than we expected ! Mark was a fantastic guide , informative an…
The best road trip ever!
We wanted to take our 15 year old twins on a road trip between San Francisco and LA. We worked with Explore Califor…
Our Ultimate Road Trip
We are from California, but never have gotten to visit California properly in decades. Then we had a family event …
If you can't or don't want to drive the coast from San Francisco to Los Angeles yourself, then this is the way to d…
3-Day San Francisco to Los Angeles Trip via Pacific Coast
From 23-25 October 2016 travelled from San Francisco to LA via Santa Barbara. Our driver/guide was Mark who was suc…
LA to Santa Barbara
My friend and I (both mature females) did the trip with Mark from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara along the coastal ro…
A great way to see the Coast
We recently had the wonderful experience of being driven down the coast from San Francisco to Santa Barbara by our …
We were thoroughly impressed with both Kelly, who handled our booking, and Adam who drove us from San Francisco to …
Way to go (if you don't drive yourself)
We thoroughly enjoyed our private tour (we were the only two) from San Francisco to Santa Barbara. Mark our Driver/…
A very good way to enjoy magnificent views!!!
It was a great experience! Kelly did a great job driving us safely from San Francisco to Santa Barbara through High…
Nice tour but lacked a number of things for the over-priced event
Glad to see that the other reviews were very pleased. Perhaps, it was just our tour that lacked. The positive is th…
As a former Californian who never visited the Pacific Coast Highway north of LA I was treated to a dynamic tour. My…
The Desert, the Coast, and the Mountains. Ticked all the boxes.
We are an Aussie couple who originally planned to hire a vehicle to do the coast run from LA to San Francisco, and …
A trip to remember
I don't drive but I want to take a road trip from SF down to LA, so choosing this tour is a very easy decision. And…
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Frequently Asked Questions about 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles
What time does 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles start?
3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
How much is 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles?
3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles price starts from HK$7,424.83. Discover and book 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
What is the 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles cancellation policy?
3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles?
3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles is hosted by Explore California. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Explore California on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 3-Day California Coast Tour: San Francisco to Los Angeles on Tripadvisor