La Jolla Tour: Explore California's Riviera on a GPS audio walk with ocean views
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (12)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Curious about La Jolla’s backstory? Lace-up your sneakers, it’s time to soak in the glory and magnificence of this sun-kissed seaside community by immersing yourself in its story, history and architecture. Take in the feel, allure and romance of this Southern Californian coastal paradise as you stroll the streets of the downtown village of La Jolla with this GPS tour as your guide. You can Tour Freely: stop and start at your leisure. Go back in time to discover fascinating fun facts about La Jolla’s early days. Discover the influence of Ellen Browning Scripps and view historical sites designed by architect Irving Gill. Take in an expansive vista from a tucked-away historic observation deck. See and hear the seals and sea lions barking at the Children’s Pool - pupping season is in Spring! See Dr Seuss original artworks along the way and swing by the La Valencia Hotel, where Hollywood luminaries like Gregory Peck and Dorothy Maguire stayed and have a delicious Whaler drink at the bar.
You'll start at
1270 Prospect St
1270 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037, USAStart on Prospect Street in front Eddie V’s Prime Seafood at 1270 Prospect St La Jolla, CA. Before arrival, install the VoiceMap app and use the code provided on your ticket. This is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart any time and complete at your own pace.
See address & details
- Pass by Legends GalleryPass by La Valencia HotelPass by Girard Avenue and Prospect StreetPass by St James by-The-Sea Episcopal ChurchPass by Cuvier Park - The Wedding BowlPass by Children's PoolPass by Ellen Browning Scripps ParkPass by La Jolla CovePass by Sunny Jim CavePass by La Jolla Caves
You'll end at
La Jolla Coast Walks
1249 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USAThe tour ends a short walk from the start location and a stone's throw from the Cave Store which is a local attraction.
See address & details
1270 Prospect St, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
La Jolla Coast Walks, 1249 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- The tour is wheelchair accessible, except at the end of the tour, when the guide says to return to starting location you can go up the steps. There is an alternate route available to bypass the steps. Simply continue in the same direction on Coast Blvd., up the hill to Prospect Street. When you reach Prospect Street, cross the street, turn right and head back to the starting point. Additionally, please note, there are a couple of steep hills. We are aware that there may be special requirements. We want our tours to be accessible to everyone, so if you have any questions or concerns, please contact ToursFreely.
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Can take this tour safely during the pandemic. Lots of beautiful highlights especially on a sunny day
I highly recommend the La Jolla tour! The narrator, a native La Jollan, has curated an informative tour with beautiful scenic views. Who knew the first margarita was served in La Jolla! It is a great way to orient yourself to this lovely town.
Date of experience: December 2019
This tour was perfect - it was well narrated, easy to navigate and would take you back on course if you go off course (which I typically do easily). I learned a lot and can't wait to use more of the tours in other places!
Date of experience: January 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 45–60 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 1,276 travellers!