Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (91)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Combine a scenic helicopter flight with a guided glacier walk to experience Alaska’s wilderness by air and on land on this half-day tour from Juneau. See the rock formations and icefalls from the air as your pilot provides live commentary in flight. Upon landing at the glacier, take a guided walk around this remote icefield and get great photo ops. Hotel pickup and drop-off provided from Juneau. Please note that the shuttle will pick up one hour before listed flight time.
- Hear insightful commentary during the helicopter flights
- Visit a remote part of Alaska that in inaccessible by land
- Wet weather gear available for use if needed
- Round-trip transfers provided (optional) from Juneau
Coastal Helicopters, 8995 Yandukin Dr, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip helicopter flight
- Guided glacier walk
- Boots and raincoats, if needed
- Hotel pickup and drop-off; Please add an additional 30 minutes in each direction
- Pick Up from All Cruise Ship Ports
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: All passenger names and weights MUST be advised at time of booking, as they are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting. To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 280 lbs (127 kg) or more must pay an additional USD$100 to secure extra space in the aircraft. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- No-bag policy. If you have medical needs that require a carry on, please note at time of booking. All bags brought to base will be stored in the tour office until you return from your flight
- Dress warmly and in layers, and wear rubber-soled shoes such as a light hiking boot or athletic shoes. The tour company will provide overshoes and can supply raincoats as needed. Remember to bring your camera, film and binoculars!
- If you require hotel pickup, please provide hotel name and location at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time or full refund
- Cancellation policy: 100% non-refundable
- Please ensure your weight is in the correct format (kgs/lbs) when you include your weight at checkout
- PICKUPS: CRUISE PASSENGERS: SHUTTLE PICKS UP 1 HOUR BEFORE FLIGHT TIME HOTELS LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN JUNEAU: 1 HOUR BEFORE FLIGHT TIME HOTELS LOCATED BY THE AIRPORT: 30 MINUTES BEFORE FLIGHT TIME SELF-DRIVE/AIRBNB GUESTS: CHECK IN 30 MINUTES BEFORE FLIGHT TIME AT MAIN OFFICE
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Must do this in Juneau. The helicopter ride was breathtaking and smooth - it was first helicopter ride for my whole family and we loved it. Our pilot (Kelix) was personable and interesting. Landing on a glacier and being able to waljk around it, drink glacier water and explore…
Date of experience: June 2020
This is a must do activity. You fly up the mountainside to the glacier field. You can see sheep and goats on the rugged mountains. Walking on the glacier is exciting. The pilot explains everything and is very helpful. We loved it.
OMg this was the best trip. We did the pilots choice and landed on 2 glaciers and it was fantastic and on the day the weather was perfect. Would highly recommend it rather than the one glacier stop. He pilot is awesome and was very informative.
My husband and travel a lot and have done a lot of cool things, but this was one of the best. IT'S SOOOO BEAUTIFUL UP THERE! Words cannot describe the beauty of the glacier or the thrill of cruising over Juneau. Originally we booked the glacier dog sled activity but it was…
Date of experience: August 2019
DO NOT BOOK WITH COASTAL: This company is a money machine without shame or ethical boundaries; indifferent to customer service since most of their business is with giant cruise ships. They charge a lot with glowing promises of a memorable experience with a guide/pilot and…
Response from Sarah L, Manager at Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk
Responded 23 Aug 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Coastal Helicopters
Not ADA compliant as advertised
We would have loved to have taken this tour of a lifetime and were very excited to see there was a company advertis…
Absolutely THE best tour on our Alaskan adventure!
Highly recommend this helicopter tour. We didn't get a lot of time on the glacier but the pilot made up for it wit…
My wife and I took our first helicopter ride to Herbert glacier-what an amazing time! We were both in ahh of the am…
Exhilarating Dogsledding experience
Stunning landscape, from the helicopter, circling the mountains and glaciers, with the happiest dogsledding ride ev…
This was a a real treasure of a trip .
-Brilliant sunshine, warm and pristine whiteness all around, amazing view of the mountains, the only sound is of th…
We had a great time. The pilot was great and narrated the flight to and from Herbert glacier. Much cheaper than tha…
Out of the world experience !!
This is an experience I will always remember for a lifetime. Flying above the glaciers then landing on the glaciers…
This is a must do in Juneau
To be honest, I was not expecting much. I was blown away though. Our Help pilot, Casey, was excellent. He took c…
What a fantastic experience this was, my husband and I had a wonderful time. We were collected just over the road …
Glacier visit with family
Had a great time and highly recommend. We had group of 10 people including 4 kids ( Ages 10,7,5,5). 2 helicopters a…
Unique and Informative Experience
Everyone from check-in to the pilot were friendly and informative. Walking on a glacier is a unique, once in a lif…
Great trip. People were very friendly and very professional. It was nice going to a glacier other than Mendenhall …
Pricey but worth it.
The trip was pretty pricey, but thought it was worth it. You are only on the ice for 20 minutes (we didnt feel like…
Awesome Helicopter Tour to the Herbert Glaicer
One of the best tours I've ever done. Coastal Helicopters were very Professional from beginning to end. We had a sl…
If you haven't stared down a blue crevasse on a glacier --- why in the world not!?
Coastal helicopters runs its ice tours with military care an efficiency, and given the potential dangers, I mean th…
- Coastal Helicopters, Herbert Glacier, and 1 more
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 3,576 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk
How much is Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk?
Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk price starts from US$323.08. Discover and book Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor
What is the Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk cancellation policy?
Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk?
Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk is hosted by Coastal Helicopters. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Coastal Helicopters on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h 30m. Discover and book Juneau Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor