View all photos (10)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
We offer a high altitude ecotourism in the mountains, in complicity with nature, witness this new experience in the Andes. LIVE an authentic experience joining a group of explorers like you who seeks to achieve their dreams in the Andes of Peru and visit the picturesque Humantay Lake.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Plaza de ArmasStop: 2 hours - Admission includedOur transport will pick you up from your accommodation between 4:20 to 4:40 hrs. Temperature during the first hours of our Humantay lake tour is cold ( 5 to 9°C ) that why you need to bring one extra warm sweater, jacket, hat and gloves. These will keep you comfortable during this driving time to Mollepata. After 2 hours driving we will arrive at Mollepata where we will stop for breakfast and get last things you forgot to buy in Cusco like water and snacks. After breakfast there is an hours drive to Soraypampa. Once we arrive at this high mountain plateau we will be able to see the beautiful mountains Apu Salkantay (6230 meters above sea level) and Humantay (5250 meters above sea level). After a short time to prepare and gather our day packs, we start the 1 hour trek to Humantay Lake (about 3 km.) The way up to Humantay Lake is steep however our group is small and our guide will let you take your time to enjoy and arrive without pressure. After enjoying our first view of Humantay Lake there is a optional small climb above the lake to the right or left where you can enjoy a panoramic view. Next we have the easy part of our trek. We go downhill to Soraypampa for another hour. Then we will take our private transportation back to Mollepata where a local lunch will be waiting for us. Once we finish lunch we will go back to Cusco. We will arrive in Cusco between 17:00 to 18:00 hrsRead more
- Private transportation
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Entry/Admission - Plaza de Armas
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
No words to thank and appreciate the effort and work of Jose our guide. This trip would not have been so informative and fun without him. He was very friendly and has a good sense of humor. Andes Peru did really desrve excellent credits for making this a memorable trip.
Date of experience: November 2019
Response from andesperutour, Propietario at Laguna Humantay
Responded 10 Dec 2019
We are very excited to highlight our guide Jose and we are glad that your tour was fantastic. thank you very much for choosing us ..
We enjoed every moment of the trek. Jose Ttito is an excellen guide with a lot of information and helpful nature. The view on the way and from the top was simply priceless.
Date of experience: August 2019
Response from Jose_Ttito, Director de Recepción at Laguna Humantay
Responded 31 Aug 2019
Thank you very much my dear friends We are very happy with recommendation and give us a lot of energy. You were very special and we always remember you and we will wait for your soon return to Peru ..
Jose Ttito the owner did wonders on this trip.I felt a bit sick while climbing and he was quick to grab a can of xygen and recover me. He always walked beside me to make sure that I was not feeling sick anymore. Such a fantastic guide and a great human being.
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from Jose_Ttito, Director de Recepción at Laguna Humantay
Responded 15 Jul 2019
my friend Li! my cougar !! . for me you are very important. that's why I had to protect you in the humaytay lagoon and for my challenge it was very imprsionate to celebrate a challenge and arrive together at the top of the humantay lagoon.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Andes Peru Tour & Adventure
Wonderful tour with super courteous and friendly staff
My wife and I did the tour Machu Picchu by train tour from cusco. The day started early and ended well into the nig…
3 days with Andes Peru Tour & Adventure
We could not have asked for a better tour guide! What started as a trip for 2, became a trip for 6 and Jose was p…
I would like to recommend the Andes Peru Tour and the guide Jose Titio. We have been at Machu Picchu, Rainbow monta…
We are very pleased with the service and attention of this company. Me and my husband visited the Sacred Valley of …
an unforgettable experience
for us it was very interesting the different attractions that we had the opportunity to see and especially the expl…
It was a long day but well worth it. The guide was excellent and Vinicunca was even better in real life compared to…
A full day of visiting and surprises topped with a knowledgeable and funny guide
Our agency booked the one day Sacred valley trip while we were in Cusco. So we did not know too much about the sche…
Nice Introduction Trip
This was an unexpected yet a very fruitful trip. At first we were not that excited about the tour but as it started…
Jose the tour guide and the rest of the crew at Andes Peru Tour and Adventure gave us a truly unforgettable and in…
The Best Guide
Very nice guide service by Jose. He is a very nice and experienced person with a lot of awareness and patience. He …
Nice Half Day Excursion
We were unsure on what to do on our free day and decided at the last minute to do this tour to the South Valley as …
Exceptional Tour Service
I was very content after the visit to Machu Picchu and Hyuana Picchu Mountain. Both are stunning and the view from …
Short day trip
We visited three sites off the city of cusco on this short trip. We had our boleto turistico which included entranc…
Thanks to Jose and Andes Peru Tour and Adventure for such a wonderful introduction trip of Cusco. We learnt a lot a…
All thanks and credits to Jose for this amazing tour. We leart a lot in Cusco and the culture and traditions of the…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,226 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 688 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Laguna Humantay
What time does Laguna Humantay start?
Laguna Humantay will start at 5:00 AM. Discover and book Laguna Humantay on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Laguna Humantay?
How much is Laguna Humantay?
Laguna Humantay price starts from US$55.00. Discover and book Laguna Humantay on Tripadvisor
What is the Laguna Humantay cancellation policy?
Laguna Humantay cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Laguna Humantay on Tripadvisor