Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (24)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Escape the madness of Hong Kong on a private day trip to Lantau Island, home to the Big Buddha and Tai O Fishing Village. Opting for a private tour ensures you receive undivided attention from your guide and gives you the flexibility to tweak your sightseeing schedule; plus, traveling by boat, bus, foot, and cable car lets you see the island from multiple perspectives.
You'll start at
Tung Chung Station
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lantau islandStop: 7 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Ngong Ping 360Stop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Po Lin (Precious Lotus) MonasteryStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)Stop: 60 minutes -See details
- 5Tai OStop: 60 minutes -See details
You'll end at
Tung Chung Station
Tung Chung Station, Tung Chung, Hong KongTung Chung MTR station exit B, tour information and guide to meeting place will be sent along with confirmation email upon booking
See address & details
- See Lantau island from several perspectives during a day trip
- A personalized option for first-time visitors
- Tailor your itinerary according to personal preferences
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included for maximum convenience
Tung Chung Station, Tung Chung, Hong Kong
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- One way cable car ride in a standard cabin (upgrade to crystal cabin available on request)
- Public bus ride from Ngong Ping to Tai O and public bus ride from Tai O to Tung Chung or Mui Wo at the end of the tour
- Boat ride at Tai O fishing village
- Entry/Admission - Lantau island
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
- Entry/Admission - Po Lin (Precious Lotus) Monastery
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- If you wish to use a taxi at any point during your tour, the costs will be payable by yourself
- Note: This is a walking tour, even if you book a hotel pick-up, also using of public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children aged 2 or under join for free
- This tour requires you to be physically fit. You will be walking between 5 and 10km over the course of the day. How far you walk will depend on how much walking you want to do at Tai O. You will be going at a slow pace, across flat land but you do need to be in reasonable health. If you wish to visit the Big Buddha up close you will need to be able to climb up 268 steps!
- Occasionally the cable car is closed for maintenance. If it is closed on the day that you would like to tour, your tour guide will refund you the price of the cable car tickets and you will use the bus instead.
- Please also inform us if you are travelling with children under 12 years of age.
- Tours will be conducted in English unless requested otherwise at the time of booking.
- Tours are available in French, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel more than one week (more than 168 hours) in advance we will give you a full refund (excluding credit card processing charges. If you cancel between 7 days and 2 days (between 167 and 48 hours before) we will give you a 50% refund (excluding any service charge). There are no refunds if you cancel less than 48 hours' notice.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
Our tour guide, Stephanie, took us to Lantau to visit the Big Buddha site and the fishermen village Tai O. The places were very interesting, and definetely worth visiting. Stephanie was very knowledgwable, she knew well the history of places we visited and the people who lived…
Date of experience: February 2020
Our family had the best day in Lantau with Sainclair. From the moment we met Sinclair, we knew we were in great hands. He was so knowledgeable, professional and kind. We learned so much from him and enjoyed every aspect of the tour. He knew I loved pictures and was so…
Date of experience: December 2019
Ryan was our guide for 7hrs in this tour and Amazing experience with him. Since we meet up with him he started to explain about the Islands in Hong Kong and all the full day itinerary. He always asked us about questions, including Chinese language questions. As we had late lunch…
Date of experience: January 2020
Our family of ten had the most wonderful day touring Lantau Island with Sinclair. He was a wonderful tour guide and tailored our experience to the needs and desires of our family. He was full of information about the sights and Hong Kong in general, and was great with all ages…
Date of experience: December 2019
Ryan was a great host. We met at the metro station and we were taken by bus to the Big Buddha and Tai O, where our trip began. Next was a trip to Lantau island for a quick boat ride, lunch and walking tour. Ryan was very informative and and enthusiastic. Highly recommended this…
Date of experience: May 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours
Great way to see Hong Kong quickly!
We only had a day to really see Hong Kong and I’m glad we had Mel as our guide. We ate too much at the hotel so unf…
Private Custom Half Day Tour
We had a wonderful tour which includedall the things that we requested to see,taste and experience.Highlights inclu…
Beautiful City, Wonderful Guide
We had a wonderful tour with Agnes our tour guide from Hello Hong Kong. We visited the Wong Tai Sin Temple where s…
Amazing food and an amazing guide!
My guide Sinclair was incredible; great knowledge of the areas and restaurants we went to, patient when I was runni…
Great way to see the city
We had a great day with Richard our tour guide. He was knowledgeable and interesting. We feel we have learned so mu…
Wonderful Experience with Ryan
Ryan's knowledge,energy and enthusiasm kept us going! He was so organized that we were able to see so many things i…
Full Day Walking Tour with Sinclair
Fantastic day with Sinclair getting to know Hong Kong. We were first time visitors to Hong Kong. Started with a dim…
We had the best 4 hour private tour in Hong Kong with Ryan. We landed at 6am and had a 9am tour time. He picked u…
To say this tour was a private custom tour of Hong Kong does not do it justice! Richard went above and beyond! We e…
On our first of five days in Hong Kong, our guide Agnes showed us and told us about so many things to do and places…
Mel was an excellent tour guide. When we first met in lobby of our hotel, he asked us what it is we wanted to get …
Wonderul Food Tour!
We had an excellent food tour with Jane! We went to multiple places and tried many types of food, including dim sum…
Great short trip around Hong Kong
We were met off our cruise ship by tour guide Richard and driver Jeff. They were both very nice guys and made us fe…
Great sampling of Hong Kong in a short time!!
We took the layover tour with Richard. This was our first visit to Hong King and it turned out to be a great way to…
Private car tour with Mel our guide and Ken our driver
We had been in Southeast Asia touring with various private tours for three weeks until our tour with Mel. Mel was …
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 186 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 304 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O
Which attractions will I visit with Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O?
How much is Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O?
Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O price starts from US$316.68. Discover and book Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O on Tripadvisor
What is the Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O cancellation policy?
Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O?
Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O is hosted by Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Hello Hong Kong: Private & Small Group Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full-Day Private Tour of Lantau Island including Big Buddha and Tai O on Tripadvisor