Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Hong Kong’s vast culinary scene can feel overwhelming for first-time visitors unfamiliar with local specialties. Gain insider knowledge of the city’s cuisine and receive ample restaurant recommendations on this food-and-walking tour, which provides a cultural introduction to the city. Explore in a small group limited to 12 people and sample dishes such as egg tarts and Chinese-style roasted meat, as well as others you may never have heard of.
- You'll start atQueen's Road CentralQueen's Road Central, Central, Hong KongMEETING LOCATION: Entrance of The L Place, 139 Queen's Road Central, Central.See address & details
- Pass byCentralMid-levels Escalator
- 1Graham Street MarketStop: 15 minutesHave a stroll in the oldest outdoor wet market in Hong Kong with our Foodie Guide and check out what groceries locals buy!Read morePass byHollywood RoadMan Mo Temple
- You'll end atHillier StreetSheung Wan, Hong KongThe tour ends near Sheung Wan MTR station.See address & details
- Get acquainted with Hong Kong’s diverse food scene
- A great way for first-time visitors to experience Hong Kong food and culture
- Sample local specialties and favorite dishes you may otherwise have missed
- Explore Central and Sheung Wan in a small group limited to 12 people
What to Expect
Begin your food tour in central Hong Kong, where you’ll greet your guide and receive an overview of the island’s thriving culinary scene. From here you’ll follow your guide—and your taste buds—on a foodie adventure in family-run eateries throughout the bustling districts of Central and Sheung Wan. Head first to an award-winning wonton noodle shop before moving on to a restaurant that specializes in roasted meat. After a refreshing glass of juice, you’ll sample handpicked tea leaves during a tasting session in a private teahouse. Then watch locals haggle for fresh fish at an open market before satisfying your sweet tooth with freshly baked tarts from a local bakery. At the end of the tour, your guide provides directions to your original departure point or Sheung Wan MTR station.
Queen's Road Central, Central, Hong Kong
Hillier Street, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
- English-speaking guide
- All food tastings
- Bottled water
- Beverages if not listed in the itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable walking shoes are recommended. Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Children ages 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult. Children under the age of 5 are free, provided they do not require an additional tasting
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Despite living in Hong Kong for many years, there were still plenty of things we discovered today thanks to our brilliant guide Ed. Almost 4 hours walking around Central and Sheung Wan, discovering little gems, listening to historic secrets and tasting Chinese specialties.
This was such a fun day! Lillian was an excellent tour guide, it was just the two of us and she was delightful company and brought me to lots of places I would never have found myself, as well as explaining their history and cultural significance. Between dishes there was plenty…
Date of experience: November 2020
Enjoyed this tour of our local area during COVID restrictions and almost no tourism in HK. Yammy our guide, had taken a second job with the lack of tourists - but both of us and Yammy herself enjoyed running the tour for my husband and me. All of the locals called out as we…
Date of experience: October 2020
This is a gem not only for visitors but also for expats living in Hong Kong. We took the whole family with friends and kids aged 8-12years and it was an amazing experience! A wonderful balance between great local food you’d never find by yourself and history or local anecdotes…
Date of experience: June 2020
This was a fun, interesting and tasty way to spend an afternoon, finding out a lot about the history of the area as well as the food and businesses we visited. The behind the scenes insight, as presented by a local, was fantastic
Date of experience: June 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours
Educate your kids this Summer
What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon with the family. Having lived in HK for a year we had tried some of the…
Wonderful Food Tour
Our guide Carrie met us at the entrance to a subway in the Sham Shui Po area and took us on a very interesting and …
Another side of Hong Kong
My husband and I were so pleased to be able to find a food tour that was still going ahead whilst much of Hong Kong…
A great guide to some local eats in HK
Loved this tour! We had some free time in Hong Kong after our China tour ended and we wanted a guide to the local e…
Fantastic tour with Carrie!
Excellent food, great guide...worth every minute. Highly recommend this company and Carrie! We have taken three foo…
Hong Kong Foodie Tasting Tours
We love doing Food Tours. This is no exception. Our guide, Tammy was great. Very informative about the history of t…
Temple Street Night Market
My husband and I did the Temple Street Night tour with Carrie and had a wonderful time. Carrie was very knowledgeab…
Sarah is the best!
The hotel recommended to explore the shopping area and had a great recommendation for tours. We were picked up from…
Great Sham Shui Po food tour
Had so much fun exploring a new area with Carrie. She made us feel right at home in her home District. Don’t know …
Carrie is a passionate tour guide providing insights and color
This tour is far, far more than just a tasting tour. It is a cultural tour of a neighborhood by someone with a rea…
If you’re a foodie ...!
This is THE Hong Kong local experience and our guide Carrie was awesome. When you enter truly local kitchens, you w…
Lovely guide & great food. Highly recommended!
Tourism is suffering in Hong Kong but it need not. It’s completely safe and people should come now, while it’s rela…
A Must Do
The Temple Street Foodie Tour and our guide Carrie were amazing. We tasted a variety of foods from small local shop…
Great way to see Hong Kong
The experience was great. Catered for vegetarian. Our guide Ed was very friendly and explained all the dishes and o…
I love to go on a food tour when I'm on holiday to get a taste of the culture not only by trying things I wouldn't …
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 1,490 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 574 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts
What time does Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts start?
Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts will start at 2:15 PM. Discover and book Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts on Tripadvisor
How much is Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts?
Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts price starts from HK$842.12. Discover and book Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts on Tripadvisor
What is the Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts cancellation policy?
Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Hong Kong Food Tour: Central and Sheung Wan Districts on Tripadvisor