Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Explore the sprawling city of La Paz by cable car on a guided tour that includes key areas, from El Alto to the stylish South Zone. Traveling across La Paz by cable car puts you high above the noisy streets, with panoramic views of snow-capped peaks, hillside neighborhoods, and downtown. Group size is capped at nine travelers for a more personal experience.
- You'll start atGaleria "La Republica"Galeria "La Republica", Avenida Mariscal Santa Cruz 918, La Paz, BoliviaWe meet by the main door of San Francisco Church, right across from the GallerySee address & details
- 1Mi TelefericoStop: 2 hours - Admission includedTake the red, yellow, white, light blue, orange and silver lines, visit the witches market of El Alto and on thursdays and sundays a bit of the giant flea marketRead more
- You'll end atGaleria "La Republica"Galeria "La Republica", Avenida Mariscal Santa Cruz 918, La Paz, BoliviaWe meet by the main door of San Francisco Church, right across from the GallerySee address & details
- La Paz cable car tour visits some of the city’s most important neighborhoods
- Get your bearings in Bolivia’s biggest city
- Safe, convenient way to explore local areas from high-altitude viewpoints
- Browse for unique souvenirs at the Witches Market
What to Expect
Meet a guide a central location in La Paz and then rise above the city as you take the red line cable car to El Alto, a high-altitude district with sweeping views. You’ll pass the massive central cemetery on your way to the El Alto Witches Market—renowned for unique wares and the occasional ritual—and hop a minibus through a few El Alto neighborhoods. Ride the yellow line cable car to the edge of the southern part of the city and then transfer to the green line, which extends all the way into the upscale South Zone, which features the most modern architecture in the city. The tour concludes in downtown La Paz, close to top restaurants and attractions. The guides can help arrange transport back to your hotel.
Galeria "La Republica", Avenida Mariscal Santa Cruz 918, La Paz, Bolivia
Returns to original departure point
- All activities
- Local guide
- Entry/Admission - Mi Teleferico
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Second time in La Paz and the cable car tour is even better. More routes opened up and very informative guide.
Date of experience: March 2020
Alfi: Excellent Guide, speaks perfect English. He has a thorough knowledge of the city and has no problem expressing his true and serious opinion.. Quite friendly and honest. Perfect way to get to know La Paz. It is essential to take this tour. I want to go back and do the same…
Date of experience: July 2019
This tour was fun. We got to see several parts of the city, plus avoided the traffic (most of the time). There's also great views of the city overall and the Andes. Interesting stops as well, especially in El Alto.
Date of experience: April 2019
Alfie. American Raised and spoke perfect English. You can understand and Knowledge wise. You will have a great time with him.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: HanaqPacha Travel
Well paced with small group, great information and very helpful, informative and friendly guide
We had about 5 hours in La Paz between flights. We walked into a tourist place looking for something we could do in…
This is literally a year late as my boyfriend just found the card in his jacket. Franklin took us on a tour where w…
What a pleasant and very informative two hour tour of the La Paz's gondola system. Our guide was Jorge, a very ami…
I have visited this tour and enjoyed it. Guide was knowledgeable and cheerful! It cost me about 12-13$. Bought it o…
Perfect walking tour
Our guide Juan is a wonderful guide. He has a broad knowledge about La Paz and Bolivia. Bis tour was the perfect st…
Lonely and beautiful
Chacaltaya is an amazing place. Beautiful view from the top, abandoned ski resort, lonely, yet fascinating.
City walking tour La Paz
We did this walking tour with the guide Maria, she was very good at explaining and knew the city inside and out. It…
Cable Car Tour
Amazing guide (Alfie) with outstanding fluent english provides one in 2h with all necessary information of LaPaz, t…
very informative and enjoyable.
great cheap way to get orientated and learn lots of history.. tour is really only 2 hours not 3 this must be a typo…
70% walking 30% explanation
We did a lot of tours this year, maybe 15 and this one was one of the least informative one. The Guide walked reall…
Great way to see la Paz.
We had luciana for our waking tour she was great. So helpful and full of knowledge. Felt super safe too.
We have taken walking tours in many cities. This one was probably the least informative. The group was very large a…
We had a great time with our guide Luciana. She was great with all our questions. Good English too, everything was …
Signed up with hardly any expectations but left with absolutely no regrets. The altitude is around 5000m and it’s …
Architecture Lovers' Dream
I thoroughly enjoyed my El Alto & Aymara Mansions tour w/Juan. He has a personal interest in the architecture and h…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 618 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Cable Car Tour of La Paz
Which attractions will I visit with Cable Car Tour of La Paz?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Cable Car Tour of La Paz on Tripadvisor
How much is Cable Car Tour of La Paz?
Cable Car Tour of La Paz price starts from HK$62.02. Discover and book Cable Car Tour of La Paz on Tripadvisor
What is the Cable Car Tour of La Paz cancellation policy?
Cable Car Tour of La Paz cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Cable Car Tour of La Paz on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Cable Car Tour of La Paz?
Cable Car Tour of La Paz is hosted by HanaqPacha Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact HanaqPacha Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Cable Car Tour of La Paz on Tripadvisor