View all photos (8)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
At 5,895m (19,340 ft), Mt Kilimanjaro is Africa's highest peak and this adventure along the Marangu Route will get you to the top safely, quickly, and with your budget in mind. Overnight in mountain huts and awake ready to conquer the slopes. Affectionately known as the Coca-Cola Route due to its popularity, Marangu covers forests, moorlands, and the Saddle (a high-altitude desert), on its way to Kibo Hut. This is the quickest route to the summit — with a catch: The trail is well-maintained but because of the quick ascent, the success rate is not as high as other routes. Local guides, cooks, and porters will provide support during your trek and at mountain huts along the way.
Marangu Gate (1860m) to Mandara...
Mandara Hut (2700m) to Horombo...
Horombo Hut (3700m) to Kibo Hut...
Kibo (4700m) Summit Uhuru Peak...
Horombo Hut (3700m) to Marangu...
Mount Kilimanjaro, Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Returns to original departure point
- All Fees and Taxes
- Return transfers Kilimanjaro airport to Moshi and Moshi to Kilimanjaro airport
- Hotel the night before and the night after the climb, with dinner and breakfast included
- Emergency oxygen (for use in emergencies only – not as summit aid)
- Qualified mountain guide, assistant guides, porters and cook and Their Wages
- Camping equipment (tents, camp chairs, tables & sleeping mattress)
- Fresh Water for Drinking & Hot Water for Washing Daily
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
- Visas, Flights and Travel & Health Insurances
- Personal hiking/trekking gear – we can rent some of the gear from our equipment store in Tanzania
- Optional but highly recommended Portable toilet
- Snacks, personal medicine, water purifying tablets; Meals & drinks not specified + snacks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Intrepid Explorer Tanzania
Thriller in Whisky Route
Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro via Machame route with Intrepid Explorer Tanzania was exceptional, tough but it was quit…
5 days Climb with Intrepid Explorer Tanzania
The Intrepid Explorer Tanzania team was just great! Everyone in the team was very motivated from the guides, porter…
Awesome Mt Kilimanjaro!
Our original plan was to climb Mt Kilimanjaro in January 2019, but we had to postpone our trip for family health re…
Exceptional service, amazing experience
Me and a friend climbed Kilimanjaro on the 1st of January 2015 using the local support of this company and we were …
The trip was awesome, well organised by Enjoy Kili, my appreciation to the whole team who made the trip more enjoya…
Danger and fun should be in the same sentence
We trekked Kili for 6 days through Machame route, a.k.a Whisky. The guides and all other support staff were very he…
Kilimanjaro climb machame route
It all started out as why not do Kilimanjaro this year with a group of 4 we formed a WhatsApp group and started pre…
The service was great. I will surely use the same company when I climb Mt Kilimanjaro again.Thank you so much!
Top of Africa — experience of a lifetime!
A massive THANK YOU to everyone at Intrepid Explorer for making our hike on Kilimanjaro as amazing as it was! The …
So, the hike was amazing! The guide and porters were great and the company did a good job on getting me there, to t…
- Marangu, Horombo - Mawenzi Trail, and 3 more
- Duration: 5 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about 5 days Marangu Route
How much is 5 days Marangu Route?
5 days Marangu Route price starts from US$2,150.00. Discover and book 5 days Marangu Route on Tripadvisor
What is the 5 days Marangu Route cancellation policy?
5 days Marangu Route cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 5 days Marangu Route on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 5 days Marangu Route?
5 days Marangu Route is hosted by Intrepid Explorer Tanzania. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Intrepid Explorer Tanzania on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 5 days Marangu Route on Tripadvisor