Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atKailua PierOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical ParkStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Kealakekua BayStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Ali'i DriveStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 4Greenwell FarmsStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 5The Painted ChurchStop: 20 minutesSee details
- You'll end atKailua PierKaahumanu Pl, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USAUpon disembarking the cruise ship tender, look for your guide standing under the covered tent area with a sign that reads "Mauka Makai Adventures".See address & details
Kailua Pier, Kaahumanu Pl, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Help protect our island environment and bring your own refillable water bottle!
- Light snacks
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Kailua-Kona Pier pickup and drop-off
- Kailua-Kona Hotel pick-up and drop-off (we may arrange meeting location for hotels outside of Kona)
- Kona Airport pick-up and drop-off (please contact us to make arrangements first)
- Entry/Admission - Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (be prepared for sun, wind and rain)
- Covered walking shoes are required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required and a maximum of 12 passengers per departure
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must have proper safety seats as required by Hawaii state law through age 7 (seats will be provided only upon request at time of booking). No lap children are allowed. Please confirm if you will be bringing a safety seat for your child.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- We highly recommend ACCOMMODATIONS in the Kailua-Kona area to get the most out of your tour. We provide pick-up service in the Kailua-Kona area or will arrange a meeting point as needed.
- For CRUISE SHIP passengers, we pick-up directly at Kailua-Kona Pier and will adjust the tour time as needed to accommodate your ships time in port.
- For a one DAY TRIP to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Kona International Airport. Please contact us first prior to making your flight arrangements to confirm availability.
- Please contact us if you are traveling with a wheelchair or scooter (they must be collapsible). All passengers must be able to step up on a stool and into a 15-passenger van on their own. Some stops are not wheelchair accessible.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We toured all over Hawaii and I have to say Josh and Jill (the owners and tour guides) were the most amazing guides I have ever had. At the end of each tour we felt like we were really friends. There was never a question they could not answer and they made us feel so…
Date of experience: May 2019
I booked this excursion with a private tour company called Mauka Makai Adventures after I had to cancel a ship's tour because there was only one left and I needed two!. It was recommended through my travel agent’s site through Shore Excursions. You do have to take a tender in…
Date of experience: March 2019
We took the Kona Historical Coast tour with Josh, and couldn't have asked for a better tour guide. Our group on nine enjoyed a tour of the area, stopping at many historic and scenic sites as well as a stop for a very informative tour at the Greenwell Farms Coffee Plantation. …
Date of experience: February 2019
We had a very informative and pleasant half day with Jill who provided a wealth of information on Kona’s history and nature. From a coffee plantation visit (a must when in Kona) to a walk through ancient sacred refuge grounds Jill’s expertise helped us learn a lot in a short…
We were on Pride of America Cruise and decided to book a small private tour for our time in Kona, we were not disappointed with our choice of using Mauka Makai Adventures. Josh picked us up at the Pier with no issues all very simple. we were traveling with another couple and the…
Date of experience: November 2018
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Mauka Makai Adventures
Awesome tour with Jill!!!!
This was one of our best tours. The vehicle was more than adequate - everyone was comfortable.Jill was very informa…
The tour of the volcano was excellent! Our tour guide Josh did a great job and was extremely informative. I highly…
Trip to Volcanoes National Park and other highlights around Hilo
Josh and Jill Grotkin provide wonderful tours of the island of Hawaii through their Mauka Makai Adventures. Josh w…
Why Private tours are worth the extra expense
There were 4 in our group wanting to get the most out of our time available. Our tour hostess and owner was amazin…
Great walking tour
Signed up for a bus tour of various parks. Great sites, good information. Walked around inactive volcanoes, saw ste…
Excellent tour !
This tour was great. Jills commentary was heartfelt and scientific at the same time. She personalised the tour to t…
Great family experience
Josh provided a great tour of the local area, he was knowledgeable and interesting. He shared a great deal of infor…
Good pace and was able to walk extra to serve our desire to be active. However, at optional stops at end, tour guid…
Josh was an excellent and personable guide. He was friendly and answered every question. I would highly recommend M…
Jill is an excellant guide. We learned all kinds of things about the big island. I highly recommend this tour wit…
This is a must use company. Josh is an unbelievably awesome guide. If you want the best this is your choice hands d…
Rainy Day Adventure
We had a good time at Volcano National Park even though it was a rainy day. Josh was very informative and he was on…
Josh was an excellent tour guide. He took our group all around to see the lava flows and gave us some great insight…
Excellent time in Hilo and Kona
Jill and Josh took our group of 7 on 2 tours (Hilo Volcano adventure and Historic Kona). This husband and wife team…
Jill was excellent. She was very informative and responsive. The day was delightful and we loved each area. Highly …
- Duration: 4h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 325 travellers!
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 6,611 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 799 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 117 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation
Which attractions will I visit with Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation?
How much is Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation?
Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation price starts from HK$952.18. Discover and book Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation on Tripadvisor
What is the Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation cancellation policy?
Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation?
Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation is hosted by Mauka Makai Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mauka Makai Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Kona Shore Excursion: Kona Historical Coast and Culture Tour with Coffee Plantation on Tripadvisor