Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start atHilo International AirportOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hawaii Volcanoes National ParkStop: 2 hours - Admission includedExplore Hawaii Volcanoes National Park including a visit to Kilauea caldera where you will witness the dramatic changes from our recent eruption, experience the steam vents and other volcanic formations from past lava flows.Read more
- You'll end atHilo International Airport2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720, USADeparture Point: Place of lodging in Hilo, Hilo International Airport, or Hilo Mo'oheau Bus Terminal. Dates: Monday, Thursday and Friday. (Other dates may be available upon request.) Return point: Place of lodging in Hilo, Hilo International Airport, or Hilo Mo'oheau Bus Terminal.See address & details
Hilo International Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Island Fresh Sandwiches (ham, turkey, pastrami or veggie)
- Help protect our island environment and bring your own refillable water bottle!
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Hilo area Hotel pick-up (we will contact you directly if we need to arrange a meeting location)
- Hilo Harbor Port pickup and drop-off
- Hilo Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Entry/Admission - Umauma Falls
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (be prepared for sun, wind and rain).
- Covered walking shoes are required and a jacket is highly recommended.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must have proper safety seats as required by Hawaii state law through age 7 (seats will be provided only upon request at time of booking). No lap children are allowed. Please confirm if you will be bringing a safety seat for your child.
- HOTEL pick-up is offered for this tour in the HILO area only. We highly recommend accommodations in Hilo. If you are staying in Kona or outside of Hilo, we will arrange to meet you at the Hilo Mo'oheau Bus Terminal (please confirm at time of booking).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For CRUISE SHIP passengers, we pick-up directly at Hilo Harbor and will adjust the tour time as needed to accommodate your ships time in port.
- For a one DAY TRIP to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Hilo International Airport. Please provide your flight details at time of booking.
- ZIPLINE RESTRICTIONS: No experience necessary. Zipline activity is offered through The Umauma Experience. Ages 4 and up (under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian). WEIGHT LIMITATIONS: 35 lbs. minimum to 275 lbs. maximum. Tours run rain or shine and closed-toe footwear is required. Long hair will need to be tied back and glasses should be secured with a strap. Remove any sharp objects from your pockets. Pregnant women and those with serious medical conditions as well as persons with prior back and neck injuries are not permitted to participate.
- Please let us know of any food allergies.
- Kilauea volcano is an active volcano, you may be exposed to volcanic gas on this tour.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our family of 5's day with Josh was exceptional! Planning our trip to the Big Island six months ago, I asked my 13-year-old what he wanted to do while there and the one things he said was zipline. Figuring it would be a good way to see the volcano while on that side of the…
Date of experience: March 2018
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Mauka Makai Adventures
Awesome tour with Jill!!!!
This was one of our best tours. The vehicle was more than adequate - everyone was comfortable.Jill was very informa…
The tour of the volcano was excellent! Our tour guide Josh did a great job and was extremely informative. I highly…
Trip to Volcanoes National Park and other highlights around Hilo
Josh and Jill Grotkin provide wonderful tours of the island of Hawaii through their Mauka Makai Adventures. Josh w…
Why Private tours are worth the extra expense
There were 4 in our group wanting to get the most out of our time available. Our tour hostess and owner was amazin…
Great walking tour
Signed up for a bus tour of various parks. Great sites, good information. Walked around inactive volcanoes, saw ste…
Excellent tour !
This tour was great. Jills commentary was heartfelt and scientific at the same time. She personalised the tour to t…
Great family experience
Josh provided a great tour of the local area, he was knowledgeable and interesting. He shared a great deal of infor…
Good pace and was able to walk extra to serve our desire to be active. However, at optional stops at end, tour guid…
Josh was an excellent and personable guide. He was friendly and answered every question. I would highly recommend M…
Jill is an excellant guide. We learned all kinds of things about the big island. I highly recommend this tour wit…
This is a must use company. Josh is an unbelievably awesome guide. If you want the best this is your choice hands d…
Rainy Day Adventure
We had a good time at Volcano National Park even though it was a rainy day. Josh was very informative and he was on…
Josh was an excellent tour guide. He took our group all around to see the lava flows and gave us some great insight…
Excellent time in Hilo and Kona
Jill and Josh took our group of 7 on 2 tours (Hilo Volcano adventure and Historic Kona). This husband and wife team…
Jill was excellent. She was very informative and responsive. The day was delightful and we loved each area. Highly …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 1,131 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 106 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Volcano and Zipline Adventure
What time does Volcano and Zipline Adventure start?
Volcano and Zipline Adventure will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Volcano and Zipline Adventure on Tripadvisor
How much is Volcano and Zipline Adventure?
Volcano and Zipline Adventure price starts from HK$2,901.91. Discover and book Volcano and Zipline Adventure on Tripadvisor
What is the Volcano and Zipline Adventure cancellation policy?
Volcano and Zipline Adventure cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Volcano and Zipline Adventure on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Volcano and Zipline Adventure?
Volcano and Zipline Adventure is hosted by Mauka Makai Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mauka Makai Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Volcano and Zipline Adventure on Tripadvisor