Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Snorkel over manta rays on this guided snorkeling experience off the coast of Big Island. Take a short cruise to the snorkel site as the sun begins to set and pause to watch a spectacular sundown before jumping in to swim among massive manta rays in their natural setting. Back onboard, enjoy snacks, drinks, and use of the onboard washrooms. Round-trip transport and equipment included.
- Snorkel with manta rays in their natural environment
- Guided, half-day tour with equipment and refreshments included
- Boat cruise to take in a Hawaiian sunset off the coast of Big Island
- Book with confidence. If you don't spot any rays, book another excursion at no charge
What to Expect
Arrive at the Honokohau Marina’s north side to meet your guide, choose your snorkel gear, and get a safety briefing. Next, it’s on to the boat for a cruise up the Kona Coast toward the manta ray snorkel site. As the sun sets, find a comfortable spot onboard to watch the vibrant, sunset colors streak the sky as you bob on the waves. Before the sun goes down, gear up and jump into the water to snorkel over manta rays swimming below. Enjoy the warm sea and amazing underwater sights before getting back on the boat for complimentary refreshments as you return to the marina. All equipment included.
74 Kealakehe Pkwy, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Use of Snorkelling equipment
- Wetsuit top
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Underwater disposable camera is available for purchase on board
- GoPro rental (upon availability -call to reserve)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Must have previous snorkeling experience
- Must be comfortable in the water, be comfortable using floatation if needed (we have Ride Along option available for non-swimmers)
- Must be in good health and fit condition, must be able to climb a short ladder
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems or injuries within the last 3 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women in an advanced pregnancy
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled by the supplier, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Recommended to bring towel, clothes for change, sweatshirt or light jacket
- Age restriction: minimum age allowed is 2 years old; maximum age allowed is 80 years old (unless approved by the supplier)
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 48 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
If you do one thing in Kona, make it this. We had an absolutely incredible experience. The crew was absolutely fantastic; funny, safe, extremely helpful and patient. The experience in the water was at least 30 minutes but likely longer (you can choose to go back to the boat at…
Excellent night with Captain Simon and crew. The experience watching the beautiful Manta’s is unbelievable. Captain Simon and crew could not be more helpful. I truly recommend this adventure.
The idea of swimming in the middle of the ocean and at night is definitely terrifying...but it was actually a very exciting and relaxing experience. I had the most amazing time!! I’m definitely not a strong swimmer but felt 100% safe alongside the 20 other guests and most…
1 Helpful vote
This was such an amazing and unforgettable experience . The manta ray was so close I could have touched her
Date of experience: November 2020
Such an amazing trip. Staff was awesome and made for a great experience! Kelly was the best! The actual time out on the water was magical. We took the moonlight tour and would recommend highly. Saw 6 rays including Big Bertha! ...and since Covid travel restrictions are in force…
Date of experience: November 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hang Loose Boat Tours
5 Star Charter!
Great day on the water with Captain Jacob and Ryan. They had their hands full with a large group some of which had …
A must do!!
I had such an amazing time! I got to see so many manta rays as well as other types of marine life. The guides were …
I recently did the morning dolphin swim that also goes to the bay where you can snorkel. The dolphin swim was defin…
A great ride
The boat is just the right size. It was easy to get a good view but large enough that it was a nice ride. The capta…
5 star private charter
Thank you Capitan Jacob and guide Ryan aka Spinner for the perfect day on the water today. We saw a manta, lots of …
Night Manta Ray snorkel was so fun!!!
I have to admit that I was scared to death to do this, but it turned out to be my favorite thing that we did. The t…
Boat snorkel ride
It awesome!! We live on the island and was great to see the island from a boat view. The crew was very polite and …
Nathan and Jacob were great captains. They were knowledgeable and very friendly. They did a great job of positionin…
Had a great experience
Price,boat,crew - all perfect.They really tried to avoid big waves,explained a lot about whales and made us hear th…
Private charter was amazing
17 of my family members were onboard the boat as Captain Jacob and Nathan were our guides. There was rough water to…
Could have been so much better
Beautiful day, not overly crowded. Told to arrive at noon, stood around waiting for 30 minutes, finally left dock a…
Great crew and saw lots of whales!
My family and I really enjoyed the boat tour. The captain and crew were all helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. W…
Great experience. I'm a single mom traveling with my teen kids and we had a great time. Jacob and Adam were approac…
A must do
Super chill and funny guys that ran the morning, made a lot of effort to make sure we all swam with dolphins, dropp…
A good ride
We did not see many whales, but that isn't Hang Loose's fault. Crew was professional, narration informative.
- Duration: 150–180 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 480 travellers!
Frequently bought together
from HK$553.94* HK$692.57
Popular: Booked by 1,843 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,641 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,033 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed!
How much is Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed!?
Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! price starts from HK$516.74. Discover and book Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! on Tripadvisor
What is the Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! cancellation policy?
Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed!?
Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! is hosted by Hang Loose Boat Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Hang Loose Boat Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed!?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h 30m. Discover and book Night Manta Ray Adventure -Guaranteed! on Tripadvisor