Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 5-65, max of 15 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Entrance Fee
- Private Guide
- Entry/Admission - Altun Ha & The Olde Belize River
- Entry/Admission - Mean and Dangerous Adventures
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Belize City, Belize
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9025P89
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker?
- Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker price starts from HK$1,771.07. Discover and book Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- What is the Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker cancellation policy?
- Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker?
- Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker is hosted by Private Belize Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Private Belize Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- How much time do I need for Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker?
- On average, this experience will take approximately 6h. Discover and book Altun Ha & Cave Tubing from Caye Caulker on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 9025P89
Reserve your spot
- You'll start atBelize CityOr, you can also get picked upSee departure details
- 1Altun Ha & The Olde Belize RiverStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Mean and Dangerous AdventuresStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Private Belize Adventure
Belize City, Belize
Joined in September 2011
#18 of 93 Outdoor Activities in Belize City
- cisco195700not worth the cost.the altun ha ruins was cool but definitely did not like the price. 550 for a ruins tour that only took approx an hour. it say also a belize city tour was supposed to be included and was not. could've done something cooler for this cost. bummer.
- David M00Altun Ha and Zipline Adventure Well Worth It!Our tour was very informative, entertaining and enjoyable. Unfortunately, it had rained heavily in the days preceeding our trip, and the cave tubing was not open that day. We still were able to tour Altun Ha which was a highlight of our vacation for our 17 year old, and we also were able to really enjoy the ziplining course. The guides were great with our 6 and 9 year olds who were both first time zipliners. Despite the Cave tubing not being open, our tour guide, Wayne, made the day a great one for us telling us all about the areas we drove through, the country of Belize, and the many different types of flora and fauna we saw. He was extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Our family really enjoyed our time with him. Our tour provider, Private Belize Adventures, was able to get us a prompt refund for the portion of the tour that was unavailable due to the weather, and they were able to still make the rest of our day a great family outing. We would recommend them anytime.
- Colleen W00UNBELIZABLE ATM Cave Tour!Unbelizable! Best cave tour I’ve ever done. We booked thru Ramon’s Dive Resort & our guide was the amazing Francisco with Ancient Cultural Tours. Francisco is passionate & loves his history. He makes the tour extra special by taking you back in time, as if you were a Mayan. Human sacrifices & sorid history makes for a fascinating 4 hours. How about turning off your headlamp so you can experience what it must have been like for the Mayans with no light & a couple torches? Francisco makes the story come alive. Its approx a half hour hike to the cave, 45-60 mins in the cave & same coming back out. 30 min van ride from the store. It’s a full day! Oh - lunch was amazing too. It’s pretty cool - only 125 people admitted each day to control over tourism. Belize is doing it right. Google Ancient Cultural Tours & you’ll find Francisco. Tips that we didn’t know: - No cameras are allowed! - Take an extra set of clothes - No 2 piece bathing suits allowed - You meet at a store to transfer to your guide so snacks, beer, extra is available - An Unbelizable day that you soon won’t forget!
- jbS8502YO00Don't hesitate to bookThe owner of Private Belize Adventure was great communicating via email, text, and phone call prior to our private tour. We drove our golf cart to the water taxi and after an hour and a half we reached Belize City. We were enthusiastically welcomed by The General! As we traveled through the country he patiently answered our numerous questions and provided a thorough explanation of things we passed (ie we actually stopped at a cashew tree to see how it was grown prior to being processed and packaged). We had a great hike at he Xunantunich ruins! The General gave us enough time to hike and actually be present and enjoy the site. We were pleased and the excursion wasn't even over yet! The best was yet to come when we went cave tubing. Our party had never been in a cave and The General guided us through slowly (we even saw bats!). Hiking up the rainforest to the mouth of the cave was truly an experience. The General explained flora and fauna along the way, The cave was magnificent (pictures will never do it justice), the water was cool and clear, but the experience was PRICELESS. We did not want to zipline, and instead had a mini tour of Belize City upon our return. We have nothing but good things to say about our experience!
- jamescC6004LY00GREAT GUIDE AND GREAT EXPERIENCEThe tour guide Tarik was excellent is all he did on the trip out to the ruins. Stopping is picking up some local foods for us to experience. Then at the ruins he was very knowledgeable about everything. Then it got even better at the Cave Tubing where once again Tarik made it very informative and FUN! BUT, Belize City was VERY SKETCHEE and we did not go out at night. When I learned we could have set it up and stayed in San Pedro I really wished we had done that.
- E737MChayleyd00Amazing experience!Dorian picked us up at the airport & chauffeured us in a comfortable air conditioned car. He was friendly & knowledgeable about the county itself, the culture, & the Mayans. He walked the grounds of Altun Ha with us, taking our pictures, & telling us all kinds of history. The cave tubing was amazing! Our guide was hilarious & down to earth. He took us on a short hike through the jungle & then safely guided us down the river. He was very knowledgeable as well about the cave system & the country as well. The traditional Belizean lunch afterwards was absolutely delicious! Dorian also stopped for us to try some traditional homemade cashew wine! Couldn’t have asked for better guides!
- angelcindy00EXTREMELY EDUCATIONAL & WORTH DOING!!This was our 5th Mayan Ruin we have visited. This was a very different kind of ruin as the building don't rise from the ground. More like mounds of sandstones that the Mayans lived on top of. Jimmy, who was our tour guide, was a wealth of knowledge. After the history lesson at the Mayan Ruin we traveled to The Living Maya Experience. This is run by a husband, Cris , and wife, Anita, team. Anita teaches all the information on the culture of clothing, including the Makapal, which they carry the babies in on their head. She then shows the art of crushing caco beans into a chocolate paste (which my husband loved doing). Then you learn the art of crushing corn into the dough that makes tortillas. Cris teaches you about the musical instruments and the vegetation. (Did you know there is a soap berry tree?) After all the knowledge you gather it is time for lunch. A real Mayan treat. Of course a Mayan lunch definatly needs a Mayan beer, Belikin. All of this information was presented in an excellent manner. This was worth doing!
- angelcindy00THIS IS THE ONE TO DO!Xunantunich is a wonderful Mayan Ruin to visit. This makes the 4th Mayan Ruin that we have visited and it was well worth the rather long drive from Hopkins Bay. The lunch we had at the restaurant was called Pibble. Very interesting, and tasty. But as good as the ruin was I'm not sure it was better than the cave tubing (which was made extra special by our guide Orlin!) This part of the tour was very educational and enjoyable.
- David C00Brilliant day. Excellent hostFantastic trip! Our guide, Dorian reassured us he would wait while the tender dropped us to the terminal, Dorian managed to squeeze in 3 activities including tubing through the caves, zip lining in the jungle and a visit the ruins at Altun Ha. Dorian was very knowledgable and an excellent host. Thoroughly recommended!
- Colleen H00excellentWe started early in the morning and was picked up at X' Tan Ha. When we arrived at Hol Chan, it was packed with several boats and lots of snorkelers. Our fun guides decided to go first to Shark Ray Alley, which was a wonderful decision as there was only one other boat there. There were so many nurse sharks feeding on the chum they threw in, it was incredible. We got to snorkel and see sting ray, nurse sharks (obviously), and lots of other fish. After we left Shark Ray Alley, off to Hol Chan, where we spent about 35 minutes with our guide snorkeling the area where we saw more sting ray, sea turtles. Our guide would swim to the bottom and get some of the fish to move out of the reef. We saw Jacks, groupers, gray snappers, angelfish, but we didn't see any seahorses. Definitely recommend.
- Matthew S00Top notch, highly recommendedOur tour guide coconut pete and Jr were awesome. Most friendly and knowledgeable. Willing to answer all questions and go out of there way to please.
- jesshdz8300Belize Mayan Ruins tourOur cruise was late and our tour guide waited for us, which was great! We kept him in the loop since we’d have to be back to our ship early. He let us know on our way back from the Mayan Ruins we can stop at local areas to shop and sight see! He had a wealth of knowledge about the ruins which my husband and daughter loved! I also got a chance to try some local wine! I would definitely recommend this company!
- 836louisas00unBELIZEable!Had a fantastic time with Earl! The day was perfect starting from San Pedro to Altun Ha Temple to a Fanstastic Lunch to ending our day floating down through the beautiful Myan Caves, we could not have ask for better guides and a better day! Highly recommend this company.
- Cjuneholl00Great Way to spend the day in Belize!Our group of nine really enjoyed the Altun Ha and Cave Tubing Tour that Dorian and Paul provided. They were professional, knowledgeable and affable. When our ferry from Ambergris Caye arrived later than expected, they recommended we switch our tour order to avoid the crowds from the cruise ships. They displayed that level of accommodation and flexibility throughout the day. They were intent on ensuring we got our money's worth. Definitely recommend!
- 564racqueld00Highly recommendedThe Altun Ha and cave tubing tour was great. Juan and Paul took good care of us and made our day enjoyable. We initially planned to see the ruins first then go tubing, but they were aware of a large group coming off a cruise ship so they asked if we wanted to switch the order of things so we would have less crowding. We took their advice and had an exceptional time. Lunch was provided between the excursions (we were served the Belizean national dish and were not disappointed). Paul gave us lots of information on the history of Belize and the sites we visited. Our guides were patient with us and when we ignored their repeated warnings about missing the ferry (whoops) they added a stop at a rum factory to keep us entertained and minimize a boring wait for the next one (for context, corralling our group of nine was like herding cats). This excursion is best for folks who are able to tolerate long van rides that can sometimes be bumpy and/or winding, walking on uneven surfaces and climbing into/out of a tube on a river. The care we received from this tour company was exceptional and I highly recommend them.