View all photos (10)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll start at
1 Bond St
1 Bond St, Newcastle NSW 2300, AustraliaGo to the water fountain outside Customs House Hotel and look for your guide in a Newcastle Afoot t-shirt.
See address & details
- 1Customs House HotelStop: 3 hours - Admission includedStarting at the water fountain in front of Customs House Hotel, Newcastle Afoot will take you to three small venues in Newcastle East. You will have shared food along the way and we will point out some great local drinking options for you to purchase along the way. Inclusions: - High quality bar food and shared tapas (eg. arancini, gourmet mini burgers, etc) - Recommendations for local drink purchases Details: - 2km easy stroll over 3-3.5 hours - 3 stops at small bars - Starting at Customs House in Newcastle East and finishing 1km away near the Civic Precinct. The tour is packed with interesting stories from Newcastle's night time economy to keep you informed and entertained. From Newcastle's convict settlers to more recent liquor licence changes, Newcastle has been at the forefront to many changes that have shaped Australia. You’ll learn about convict escapees, female publicans, the six o'clock swill, and rock'n'roll and class riots.Read more
You'll end at
King St, Newcastle NSW 2300, AustraliaOur tour finishes near the intersection between King Street and Darby Street, approximately 1.5km West of Customs House.
See address & details
1 Bond St, Newcastle NSW 2300, Australia
King Street, King St, Newcastle NSW 2300, Australia
- Shared food platters and tapas
- Entry/Admission - Customs House Hotel
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately. In the event of extreme and unsafe weather you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum age is 18 years
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Such an amazing experience - so much information plus beautiful food and drink. I feel like I've seen some of the really special places that it would otherwise take you years to discover!
Date of experience: January 2020
Punctual, professional, interesting, fun! Two couples who live in Newcastle and this was a fantastic way to enjoy a night out together and learn a little more about the city we love. Becky is a wonderful guide. We’ll be back!
We had the BEST time with Becky. Her knowledge of the city’s history is impeccable. Venue choices were excellent! 10/10
Becky is an awesome tour guide. We had a very fun evening with her walking around Newy and eating yummy food at a bunch of different bars and restaurants. She also gave us some recommendations about other good places to try and she was right, every place she suggested has been…
Date of experience: February 2019
Absolutely loved this tour, Beck was extremely informative about Newcastle history and local tips. The locations we were taken to were amazing! So glad I did this tour, keen to try one of the other tours.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Newcastle Afoot
Very interesting tour with an enthusiastic and knowledgable guide
I am not usually a great one for cities but was persuaded to join the tour by my friend , following a glowing recom…
Super informative historical tour
Becky was an outstanding guide. She greeted us with such energy and we connected with her straight away. Her knowle…
Great morning walk - very informative and fun!
We loved this walk - we all live locally and learnt a lot about our area - history, people and building. Becky is v…
Fun Scav Hunt
We had our work christmas party in December and did the Savenger Hunt. It was a lot of fun and some really clever c…
Having recently moved to Newcastle we were given the 2 1/2hr tour as a gift, which only covers Newcastle East. It…
What a wonderful walking tour with Becky and Nerida. Great enthusiasm and passion for Newcastle with a deep knowle…
Seascapes to Laneways Walk
This was my first exploratory trip to Newcastle. So I was delighted to have a really interesting couple of hours wa…
A delightful and knowledgeable guide, Becky kept us entertained and informed every step of the way. She really kno…
A Highlight of Our Visit
We did the Seascapes and Laneways tour with Becky and her colleague, who was learning the ropes. Both were so pers…
Lanes and seascapes
We had a great tour. We have lived in Newcastle East on and off since 1982 and still learnt heaps of new things ab…
Walking Tour & Exercise
Great experience! Lots of laughs, Becky is very warm and friendly so straight away you feel like you have known her…
Walking tour of Historic Newcastle with beer and Tapas
Becky was very knowledgable, very friendly and great value for money. She made the night something we wont forget. …
Seascapes to Laneways tour
I can highly recommend Newcastle Afoot for both vistors and locals alike. Despite having lived in Newcastle for man…
Seascapes and Laneways
What a wonderful experience! I’ve lived in Newcastle for almost 20 years but I learned a lot - Becky’s commentary …
Travelling marigolds next adventure
The four of us new retirees who have lived in Newcastle for most of our adult lives. A recent walk on the foreshor…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour
How much is Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour?
Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour price starts from US$51.02. Discover and book Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour cancellation policy?
Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour?
Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour is hosted by Newcastle Afoot. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Newcastle Afoot on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Eat And Drink Newcastle History Walking Tour on Tripadvisor