Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (165)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Make sure you get the best possible views of Sydney by booking this helicopter tour over Australia's capital. With your pilot-guide pointing out all of the highlights and landmarks, get a whirlwind introduction to spots like the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Bondi Beach, and Manly Cove. There's no better way to cover more ground in such a short time.
- A helicopter tour to see Sydney's highlights in the shortest time possible
- Learn all about Sydney through a pilot-guide's commentary
- Choose from several departure times to suit your schedule
- Unparalleled aerial views and photo ops of Sydney's top landmarks
What to Expect
Make your own way to the helipad where you check-in, meet your pilot, and listen to a safety briefing. With your camera or video device in hand, climb aboard and take off for the flight. Get comfortable in your seat and listen to your pilot's commentary through the headset while enjoying panoramic views of the Sydney skyline and the Pacific Ocean. The highlights of the short flight include the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge, Coogee, Taronga Zoo, and the famous coastline beaches. During the flight, listen and converse with the captain as well as other passengers through the included headsets. This tour is perfect for those short on time or first-time visitors to Sydney.
Sydney HeliTours, Sydney Airport (SYD), 472 Ross Smith Ave, Mascot NSW 2020, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- 20-minute helicopter tour
- Live commentary by pilot
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Complimentary tea or coffee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- We operate Robinson helicopters that have a maximum seat limitation of 135kg (297lbs), passengers in excess of this weight will be required to fly in the Eurocopter helicopter and may incur additional cost subject to the number of passengers travelling.
- All passengers will be weighed upon check in.
- Bookings for two where the combined total is 200kg or more in total must book a private flight (for additional cost and payable direct to the supplier).
- All flights are sold on a shared basis where up to 6 passengers may be travelling on the helicopter. Single passenger bookings are welcome however all flights require a minimum of 2 passengers to depart.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- If you have an infant (a passenger under 3 years), you will be required to book a private flight for additional cost.
- Helicopters are collapsible wheelchair accessible, however the pilot is unable to assist passengers with boarding and disembarking due to occupational, health and safety regulations.
- Courtesy transfer is available from selected City hotels. Once accommodation details are provided we will arrange the closest available option to where you are staying.
- You will receive confirmation of your flight time and scheduled pickup time from a City hotel (if required) via email.
- If you do not require transfer or are staying in an area outside the City you can make your own way to our base, check-in is 30 minutes prior to the confirmed departure time.
- Please ensure that we have a phone number (including country code if applicable) for when you are in Sydney in case we need to get in contact with you on the day of the flight.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
Couldn’t have had a better morning! Ross, our pilot, talked us through the safety procedures then we were good to go. Straight to Sydney harbour with beautiful views of the Opera House, bridge, over to Manly then out of Sydney heads and down the coast passing all of Sydney’s…
Date of experience: March 2020
Can't rate this highly enough, we were picked up on time from our hotel, driver was really pleasant. When we arrived at the airport everything was done in a quick, friendly and efficient way, we were in the air in no time and it was an amazing experience, pilot was full of…
Date of experience: February 2020
Great from start to finish! Really friendly and helpful staff! Professional set up throughout! Amazing flight with incredible views! We had great weather and a friendly informative pilot!
Date of experience: March 2020
We had a few occurrences that made this be a great day. Firstly our driver was superb. We instantly clicked. He was funny but at the same time very professional. We also a really clear day, which made visibility from the helicopter excellent. Finally, we were in the helicopter…
Date of experience: November 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Sydney Helitours
Very kind people
I booked a trip, they do great help to set the pickup point. Due to the impossibility to disembarking because coron…
We had an absolutely fabulous 90 minute trip and cannot rate these guys too highly! From the moment we were picked…
Absolutely first class. Customer service is excellent and the experience of the flight itself was amazing, certainl…
Best trip ever
Amazing tour from the very minute we were picked up from our hotel. Brilliant staff. The trip was the highlight of …
This was quite possibly the highlight of my stay in Sydney, breathtaking views across the city, harbor and beaches.…
Every year I do a heli tour in a different city. While in some places the flights are highly restricted and short, …
Bucket List Item - Done but not overwhelmed!
Has been on my "bucket list" for years and what a great place to do it. Can't beat flying over Sydney harbor. How…
Excellent Service and Amazing Experience
The people in administration and the pilot were great to deal with and accommodated our challenging needs, going ab…
Friendly and well organised
Organised for my 2 daughters to do the 20 min flight and they loved it. Well managed with friendly bus transfers fr…
Great experience with the entire staff
I chartered a flight with this company over a year ago that had to be canceled. They handled that efficiently and r…
Ready for takeoff
I purchased a flight for my wife and her best friend and they had a blast. The staff were friendly and helpful and …
Helicopter tour of Sydney and surrounding area
We arrived in Sydney and immediately took a helicopter tour. What a professional and safe organization. I am a prof…
Amazing experience great pilot thank you
I had amazing experience. Everything was perfect . I recommend with sure 100% worth the money . Thank you…
John & Ross are fantastic hosts & guide’s
John picked us up & took us to the Helipad. He was very friendly & helpful ( he also drove us back). Great personal…
An awesome experience!
My husband and I were visiting Sydney as part of our honeymoon trip and I booked a helicopter tour on the recommend…
- Sydney Helitours, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and 3 more
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Popular: Booked by 10,187 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter
Which attractions will I visit with Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter on Tripadvisor
How much is Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter?
Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter price starts from US$168.81. Discover and book Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter on Tripadvisor
What is the Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter cancellation policy?
Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 3 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter?
Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter is hosted by Sydney Helitours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Sydney Helitours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Sydney Harbour Tour by Helicopter on Tripadvisor