View all photos (182)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Go on this behind-the-scenes Game of Thrones tour through Malta that includes convenient hotel pickup and drop-off. See special filming locations from season one and two—some that aren’t even open to the public—and hear cool trivia from your guides who were actually actors on the hit TV show.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1San Anton GardensStop: 60 minutes -See details
- 2Mdina Old CityStop: 60 minutes -See details
- 3Popeye VillageStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4San Duminku u l-Vergni MbierkaStop: 25 minutes -See details
- 5VallettaStop: 30 minutes -See details
You'll end at
Floriana, Malta(located right outside the Valletta City Gate)
See address & details
- Book online ahead of time to reserve your spot on this Game of Thrones tour
- See GOT filming locations that aren’t open to the public
- Learn behind-the-scenes info from actors who appeared on the show
- Stay comfortable along the ride in a climate-controlled vehicle
What to Expect
Your Game of Thrones tour starts with pickup from your Malta hotel. Board your vehicle for the day, and get ready to see sets used in the popular HBO show. Your guides appeared on the show themselves, and tell you behind-the-scenes stories and fun facts about the show as you ride. Visit places that were used in the filming of Game of Thrones, and hear cool insider info. Some of the places you can stop by include Maegor's Holdfast, a fortress used during the filming of the Battle of the Blackwater and Shadow Cliffs, and the desert-like terrain of Red Waste. Pass by the yard of Tobho Mott, the Baelish Brothel, King’s Gate, Coppersmith’s Wynd, and Cobbler's Square. Your guided tour takes a break in Mdina for lunch (own expense) before you get taken back to your hotel when your tour ends.
Independence Monument, Floriana, Malta
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (or nearby, for serviced locations)
- Professional actor guides
- Licensed tour guide (for larger groups)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach or minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Popeye Village
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair. The vehicles and the locations visited are not accessible to wheelchair users.
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Comfortable clothing and shoes are recommended.
- Tour is conducted in English.
- Order and inclusion of sites depends on filming in progress and other logistics, The operator may change the itinerary without prior notice and include alternative sites.
- Child rate applies for ages 3 to 10 years and only when sharing with 2 paying adults.
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of 3 years and for the added convenience of all guests, children under the age of 3 years will not be allowed to join the tour.
- For guests staying in Valletta, Floriana and non-serviced areas a courtesy pick up will take place just outside the Valletta City Gate. On some tours a supplementary van or coach may be provided for the Valletta pick up guests to reduce waiting time. For guests staying in Gozo a courtesy pick up takes place at a hotel close to the Cirkewwa Ferry Terminal in Malta. Pick up details will be communicated by the operator after booking is received.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Malta Film Tours
London, United Kingdom2820
My husband and I came to Malta for a birthday getaway and naturally had to do the GoT tour. I’d read the reviews…
Great for both GOT and Non-GOT Fans!
This trip was great for both my husband and I. He loved GOT and I would sometimes watch while he’s watching but…
La Canada Flintridge, California120
Malcolm has a wealth of information and generously shares it. His perspective is unique and the tour was very…
rachel in kailua
Excellent Way to See Malta
I loved this tour, Malcolm is a marvelous tour guide. He takes you to fabulous locations and shows you where…
A must for a Game of thrones fan!
This was my favourite activity when we spent a week in Malta! It was really great to see almost all locations…
Game of thrones tour, Malta
Full day tour, excellent locations and absolutely fantastic tour guide - our driver on the day was also superb.…
Such a worthwhile tour!
The tour itself was well thought out and chock-full of information. As for our guide, it's clear that Malcom is…
Mal was very good. Was very interesting and informative. Thoroughly enjoyable experience and would recommend this…
Lancing, United Kingdom4333
GOT tour but so very much more.
Just back to the UK. Had a truly fabulous tour whilst in Malta. As a GOT fan I was thrilled that the day was so…
Game of Thrones film locations
Excellent tour ..... Malcolm our Tour guide was so interesting and entertaining.Telling us all his experiences on…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071