View all photos (161)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
See two of Europe’s most picturesque lakes—Como in Italy and Lugano in Switzerland—on one day trip from Milan. Cruise Lake Como, and have free time to explore pretty lakeside towns on either side of the Swiss-Italian border. Travel by bus and ferry along the way instead of stressing about driving and navigation. Hear commentary about Como, learning more about the area than you would on your own.
You'll start at
Porta Garibaldi, Milano MI, ItalyAt Milan Porta Garibaldi Train Station, in front of the main entrance. Facing the Milan Porta Garibaldi Train Station Main Entrance, the meeting point is on the left side just outside the station, next to the stairs and under the covered portico. Arriving by metro (green-line): Take the M2 (green-line) train to Garibaldi. Make your way to the train station main entrance. The meeting point is on the left side just outside the station, next to the stairs and under the covered portico.
See address & details
- 1Lake ComoStop: 90 minutes -See details
- 2BellagioStop: 20 minutes -See details
- 3Lake LuganoStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- Visit Como, Italy, and Lugano, Switzerland, in one day
- Get out of the lakeside towns and onto the water on a Lake Como cruise
- Have enough time to explore Bellagio and Lugano independently
- Hassle-free, round-trip transportation from Milan
What to Expect
Your morning starts with pickup from central Milan by air-conditioned coach. After the drive to Como, board a boat for a lake cruise. Take advantage of the two hours spent cruising the water by snapping photos of glamorous villas and listening to guide commentary about the Como area. Next, enjoy free time and lunch (at own expense) in Bellagio, a pretty waterfront town of stone staircases and cobbled lanes also known as “the pearl of Lake Como.” Afterward, reboard the coach for the roughly 40-minute journey across the Swiss border to Lugano, a picturesque small city on the northern shore of a glacial lake. Explore independently: choosing to browse Swiss chocolate and luxury goods shops, walk along the waterfront, or visit religious sites like the Chiesa di Santa Maria degli Angioli. Your day ends with drop-off at the original departure point in the late afternoon.
Porta Garibaldi, Milano MI, Italy
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Headsets, if needed
- Lake Como cruise
- Entry/Admission - Lake Lugano
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most guests will not be required to have a Visa to enter Switzerland; a passport will be sufficient to enter the Country. Please check this website (https://goo.gl/uKUFA5) for more information, and to determine if you may need a Visa (choose your country by selecting the first letter i.e “U” for United States.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: City Wonders
Time well spent
Katerina, was very very knowledgable, you can tell that she is not just someone walking around showing us were to…
Gig Harbor, Washington71
Very Well Done!
Elisa was amazing. She had a great mix of local knowledge, humor, and easy pace. She did a great job making the…
Fantastic afternoon filled with Milanese culture and history
Debbie was an absolute delight and an exceptional tour guide. She explained the history beautifully and told us…
Delightful walk through Milan
My friends and I came to Milan for a soccer match, but ended up with so much more. Debbie was an absolutely…
San Diego, California1616
Fantastic highlights tour
Debbie was a phenomenal tour guide, easy to understand, knowledgeable, and passionate about Milan history. What a…
Great way to see Milan Sights
Excellent walking tour with certified knowledgeable guide who spoke excellent English. Nice size group. Our…
Walking tour of Milan
Audio back up to our guide made sure we heard all information through the tour, lovely tour guide. Would…
Raleigh, North Carolina5443
Don't be worried - this was great!
I read a few negative reviews, so I was worried about this, but it was well worth it! There were two meeting…
Great and informative tour!
Our guide Marika was very good! She had so much information to share with us and she was very passionate about…
Wonderful tour! Highly recommend.
Our guide Marika was charming and incredibly knowledgeable. She engaged our group from the very beginning, making…
- Duration: 10h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991