Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (79)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
See a different side to London on an evening dinner cruise on the Thames River—the perfect way to celebrate a special occasion. Tick off more landmarks in less time on a sightseeing showboat and admire the capital at night, when it’s illuminated and at its most magical. Receive a glass of sparkling wine when boarding the boat and enjoy a 4-course meal of British classics, accompanied by live cabaret music and a half bottle of wine.
You'll start at
London SW1A 2JH, UK
See address & details
- 1City Cruises Westminster PierStop: 20 minutes -Board at Westminster Pier, please arrive 20 minutes before your scheduled departure timeRead morePass by London EyePass by Tower of LondonPass by Tower BridgePass by Canary WharfPass by The ShardPass by HMS BelfastPass by SEA LIFE London AquariumPass by St. Paul's CathedralPass by Thames River
You'll end at
London SW1A 2JH, UK
See address & details
- See more of London's illuminated attractions in less time from the water
- Feast on four courses inspired by British classics and accompanied by wine
- Admire top London attractions such as the Shard and the London Eye
- Listen to a live performance of cabaret songs from West End musicals
What to Expect
After making your own way to a departure pier in central London, board a sightseeing showboat and begin your cruise on the Thames River. Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine in the lounge saloon; soak up views of London illuminated by night; and then settle into your seat at a dining table. As you cruise past landmarks such as the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye, feast on a 4-course meal featuring classic British dishes such as roasted chicken and smoked salmon. Following dinner, you have the opportunity to hit the dance floor and enjoy songs inspired by West End musicals. Your Thames River tour concludes after a substantial time on the water.
Westminster Pier, London SW1A 2JH, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Pre-cruise glass of sparkling wine
- Delicious 4-course dinner
- Choice of half bottle of red or white wine with your meal
- Live singer performing songs from West End shows
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Your seat on board is guaranteed and will be allocated to you before the cruise takes place. When you board you will be shown to your table. Please note tables are fixed and within close proximity. Our panoramic windows provide great views from all angles of the passing sky-line, regardless of your table location.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- We do not guarantee that products are free from nuts or traces of nuts. For gluten-free tea give at least 24 hours’ notice.
- Boarding begins 20 minutes before departure time
- Most travellers can participate
- To adhere to government COVID-19 guidelines, all dining cruises with entertainment are subject to slight alterations to provide the safest possible experience
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
Time of year
This was a Christmas gift from my partner. We went yesterday (Sunday) and had a fabulous evening. We were welcomed personally, the crew were very courteous. Dinner was a four course meal followed by tea/coffee. Food was very good, they also had a vegetarian option (must be…
Date of experience: March 2020
Cruise on Thur. Fantastic, food good, entertainment good service, singer very good got every one up dancing including me ( I,am 79) Will go again Alan
Date of experience: February 2020
The boat never showed up , no cancellation email ... nothing. Called Viator ( we’ve booked the tickets through them ), the operator at viator called the cruise company but got a voice mail , so she just helped us to cancel the reservation. Was very disappointing !
Response from CityCruises, Customer Service at The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River
Responded 28 Jan 2020
Hi, we are very sorry to hear you had a disappointing experience with us. May we ask you to send all the details of your cruise with date and time of departure to email@example.com? We take this matter very seriously and we would like to investigate it. Thank you!
We really enjoyed it. The views are spectacular and I think a visit to London without seeing it at night is not a visit. The showboat made it possible. Food was lovely music was great, an overall successful and enjoyable evening
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: City Cruises
A really special and different experience
My family and I booked this trip as it seemed like a different experience to the four walls of a restaurant. When…
Find another river cruise afternoon tea
Didn't enjoy my city cruise experience from the start. We seemed to have been extra guests and they just wanted a b…
We took one of the City Cruises boats from Westminster to Greenwich in June 2019 and thoroughly enjoyed this differ…
We had booked to go elsewhere but due to Corona virus came to London and this trip with Sunday lunch was in with or…
Excellent and informative. Views and commentary was fabulous. Cruise was smooth and enjoyable. The wee cafe on boa…
A great way to get to Greenwich and the Tower of London - unfortunately we didn't have time to do both in the one d…
was great with loads of information. would deffo do it again. the staff were great and very friendly.
Have been on one of these before and you normally get a pre recorded running tape pointing out the major points of …
Good afternoon tea
Took this cruise few years ago and enjoyed it however this time it was nowhere as good. Food and service very good …
Average at Best
As a comparison, I have done 2 other trip advisor reviews from this vacation, and both of the others I gave 5 stars…
This was a last minute trip but booked the cruise in the morning. I wish we hadnt wasted the money. I was expecting…
You will be disappointed
This is simply a bus on the river. We were told there was commentary, but nothing could be heard. We complained & w…
Couples get away to London
My husband and I have been planning a trip to London for over a year. We finally made it there and we purchase the …
An excellent way to get around and see London from the Water
This is a hop on, hop off boat. it starts from Waterloo, goes on the london Tower, Greenwich and back. It's on th…
Fantastic tour guide
We had a fab guy who really made the River Crusie special, made us laugh as we sailed along the Thames. Well worth …
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+852 30184991
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 48,846 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 576 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 7,051 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River
What time does The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River start?
The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River will start at 7:45 PM. Discover and book The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River?
How much is The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River?
The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River price starts from US$104.65. Discover and book The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River on Tripadvisor
What is the The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River cancellation policy?
The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 4 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book The London Showboat Dinner Cruise on the Thames River on Tripadvisor